No announcement yet.

Post picture of your proudest Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My most proud moment was when I invited my dad out to hunt on my home place. We saw deer every day and the big ones seemed to skirt us by each time. He connected on a decent younger deer the last afternoon for his very first buck EVER. He didn't care the size. It was time he got to spend hunting with me that mattered. Its something i will never forget, especially now that he is gone. Love you Pop.

It wont let me post the picture, cant figure out how to resize it.

Comment

I killed this deer this year on family land. He is my best archery buck to date and I killed him on a place with many memories of hunts from when I was just a kid. I grew up hunting this property with my cousins. From numerous first deer to now this deer, I have had some good times with friends and family, and I hope I only get to continue it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a few but I'll start with my zebra
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	24493474

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	24493475

Next would have to be my first bow buck I killed with my buddy in goldthwaite

Name:	IMG_4085.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24493476

Then it would be every critter my dad has killed with a bow, he gets really excited about sticking something with a bow. I wish I had more pictures
        But here is his latest deer he killed opening weekend last year after not being able to hunt for 4 years so he was ready to kill something. This one is was memorable because it was hell getting this one recovered

Name:	IMG_3611.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	24493477

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

First season after Ashley passed away. My brothers lease where they'd been after this old cull for a while. I watched that deer come off the ridge for 400 plus yards on a string. I swear Ashley steered that deer into that pen for me to shoot.

Comment

175 yards 20 degree downhill shot. DRT.

Comment

Seems i broke the rules the OP gave

MY trophy that I'M most proud of is my very first archery buck.
              My brother in law was an awesome host and invited me to take my first deer with a bow on his place.
              Spotted a nice buck that was injured and has a history with and he let me harvest him. 15 yard shot, fell in sight. 8 scorable points with a goofy rack with some character.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cull buck, first deer killed with both of my daughters with me! They were the proudest hunters in the world that day and couldn't wait to call and tell their momma. -Proud Dad
                Attached Files
                Last edited by louieagarcia; 04-21-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I'll plead the 5th

Comment

Probably this guy from 2013. Multiple night time pics of him for a year prior, with a few daytime shots. I physically saw him once in 2012, at flat dark, and no shot opportunity. I snuck out of work early on a Friday and hauled booty to the lease. Got in the blind and temps were in the mid-90's. Wasn't expecting much activity that day, and, 8 deer showed ; 5 does, 2 smaller bucks and this guy bringing up the rear. Hypodermic did a number on him.
                    Attached Files

Comment

My youngest brothers buck at the end of the 2016 Season. He and I sat in the blind all morning while it rained and took turns waking each other up. But each time I fell asleep I'd wake up to see him dozed off. I woke him up when this 8.5+ yr old buck walked in- easily my favorite trophy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Proudest and best bow kill to date, is definitely the buck I killed this year.

I put a lot of time in the stand chasing this guy. I missed him the first opportunity I had at him, and finally was able to connect 4 days later.

It might be awhile before I can top this guy.

Link to the story:

Comment

Name:	IMG_6790.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	24493486

Just kidding! That was a good evening.

Name:	IMG_6786.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	24493487

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May 12, 2006
                            Attached Files

Comment

Man some of you have posted some stud animals!

Mine is from Sept 2012

A bowhunt in the Southern Kalahari region of the Northwest Province for an African Lioness.

Ended up finding this lioness and her running mate midday on the first day of the hunt. They split and my lioness went and camped out underneath the shade of a giant Acacia tree right next to the trunk. When we got within 100 yards she started growling. WE had to get on the opposite side of the tree to have a shot. I got the shot off through a football size hole at 42 yards with her still growling and my PH telling me she is probably going to charge. Luckily the shot was perfect and she only made it 40 yards and died. A 100 grain Ramcat and 560 grain arrow did the trick! Talk about an adrenaline rush and I can relive it anytime I want because it is all on video! About a 400# cat! A lifetime of memories on this hunt.

Name:	Doug's Lioness.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	24493497

Comment

biggest bear ever 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X