Military Training Networking help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Training Networking help

Ok folks, looking to tap into the mighty power of the GreenSCREEN.

I will be working with a civilian company providing upper-level training to a particular military group that would like to do a long-range vehicle course. It's a pretty small group, driving civilian vehicles, lets call it a small convoy. Curriculum will consist mainly of off-road driving techniques and field mechanics. At this moment, it looks as though the movement will be between Nevada and Idaho.

What I am looking for is any points of contact for private land owners, with a decent amount of acreage, in Nevada, Idaho, Southeastern Oregon, or possibly Northwestern Utah.

Other than sleeping soundly as a patriot, I am not sure what we will be able to offer in return...though I am pushing to be able to award a small amount of money for "leasing" the land. It would like be less than 8 hours at any one location.

Looking for fairly urgent help in locating a few training areas. I can go into a little more detail, via PM/Call/Text/email. Thanks TBHers!!!

What about doing Moab?

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        What about doing Moab?
        Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. I would prefer to stay away from state/National parks and avoid the licensing/ permits and overwatch that comes with it...but I will have to research that as back up plan.

Moab is too far outside the training area.

Anybody know of any private ORV/ OHV areas around there?
        Last edited by HainesNYT; 04-19-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I reached out to a friend that has also been in a particular military group that has done some serious driving/training for the desert. He said they used BLM land in Nevada but to make sure that you stay off of any reservations.

Comment

Try reaching out to any JEEP clubs in the areas you are interested in. If anyone knows they would be the ones. May try a club around your area. they may know some contacts in other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                Try reaching out to any JEEP clubs in the areas you are interested in. If anyone knows they would be the ones. May try a club around your area. they may know some contacts in other areas.

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
                I reached out to a friend that has also been in a particular military group that has done some serious driving/training for the desert. He said they used BLM land in Nevada but to make sure that you stay off of any reservations.

Thanks guys, I'll have been looking into the state/federal lands...apparently Obummer cutting the funds, shut down a significant portion of the roads/trails on a lot of the parks. I'll keep researching.

The Off-Road clubs is a good idea!!..I'll check into that as well.

All input is appreciated.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I don't know if they would be open to it, but try contacting the Winecup Gamble ranch in Nevada. The ranch is over 1 million acres. The ranch has a website

Comment

Originally posted by Chapo View Post
                      I don't know if they would be open to it, but try contacting the Winecup Gamble ranch in Nevada. The ranch is over 1 million acres. The ranch has a website

Rock on!!!! Thanks, I'll check into it!!!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Bump

Comment

Yeah bud stay off the reservations. I did know of a place but that area has since been otherwise occupied. Good luck tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                              Yeah bud stay off the reservations. I did know of a place but that area has since been otherwise occupied. Good luck tho

Roger, good to know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X