No announcement yet.

How many people can't tie a tie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between church and work, SIX DAYS A WEEK!!! I love Saturdays. Envious of y'all braggarts who've never had to learn!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Changing a tire is a
      Useful skill based in necessity. A suit, more importantly, a tie...serves absolutely no utilitarian purpose. As a matter of fact, they are a hindrance to accomplishing any task aside from dressing up. The suit needs to go the way of the top hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This argument doesn't hold much water. We could probably get together and list a million non-utilitarian things/skills we all do every single day. Still, be grateful you don't have to wear a tie every day!

Comment

Has anyone else gone to Walmart for a family portrait, grabbed a clip on in the men's dept., got pic taken and put clip on back on the rack?

I'm 60 yrs old and still can not tie a tie.

Comment

Growing up I had no clue how to tie one. Wore a clip on for my 'sacker' position at Piggly Wiggly grocery store. Set a goal to learn how by age 30. Got it figured out with a few months to spare! It is kind of like riding a bike once you learn how. Although, one time while getting dressed for a big job interview, pre-interview jitters got the best of me, and I went totally blank on the mechanics of tying that tie.

Comment

i can (i think, its been a while), but only if i'm putting it on myself

Comment

I am 41 and never have tied a tie. The one time I wore a nice tie for my cousin's fancy wedding I had someone else tie it for me. Have no interest or want to for learning how to wear a real tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddies Dad View Post
                This argument doesn't hold much water. We could probably get together and list a million non-utilitarian things/skills we all do every single day. Still, be grateful you don't have to wear a tie every day!

What I meant was most things we wear are based on some actual purpose, or at the very least, aren't a hindrance to day to day activities. The only reason we wear a suit is because someone, presumably a century or two ago decided it looks nice. They've always been a pain in the ***, but people still wear them because....why? Because it's always been that way? Because the other guy does? Makes no sense.

People like Burnadell and my dad say, "because some situations call for us to look nicer." I don't think suits and ties look nice. I think they look stupid in 2018, and I think they looked stupid in 1985.

I clearly don't work in corporate America, if I did I'd strap on the monkey suit just like everyone else...but I don't believe the lord requires I be miserable, or minds if I wear starched jeans and a pressed shirt to church.

Comment

I have 3 zipper ties. Work like a charm looks great and perfect length every time.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                    Confused!! Thought they clipped on.
                    Now that's funny right there!!!!!!

Comment

What I meant was most things we wear are based on some actual purpose, or at the very least, aren't a hindrance to day to day activities. The only reason we wear a suit is because someone, presumably a century or two ago decided it looks nice. They've always been a pain in the ***, but people still wear them because....why? Because it's always been that way? Because the other guy does? Makes no sense.

People like Burnadell and my dad say, "because some situations call for us to look nicer." I don't think suits and ties look nice. I think they look stupid in 2018, and I think they looked stupid in 1985.

I clearly don't work in corporate America, if I did I'd strap on the monkey suit just like everyone else...but I don't believe the lord requires I be miserable, or minds if I wear starched jeans and a pressed shirt to church.

I’m as “pro” blue jeans as they come but a good suit is way more comfortable than starched jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        I’m as “pro” blue jeans as they come but a good suit is way more comfortable than starched jeans.

Understandable, but as long as the suit requires a tie, I'll take my jeans. I can't stand to have something even snug around my neck… It makes me nauseous.Nevermind those ugly slick bottom shoes.

Comment

Understandable, but as long as the suit requires a tie, I'll take my jeans. I can't stand to have something even snug around my neck… It makes me nauseous.Nevermind those ugly slick bottom shoes.

Haha I enjoy it all minus the tie every once in a while but even threw on a tie for daddy daughter date but it sure came off quick as it could. Almost chokes a man as bad as a wedding ring

Comment

Every grown man should own at least one suit, tie, and know how to tie it.

When I grow up I'm gonna learn.

Comment

I can't deal with anything touching my throat. I've only worn them at weddings and some funerals. I had someone else tie it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                                It's tough being a double agent sometimes....
                                I got a chuckle out of that

I hate ties with a passion, and refuse to wear one unless I'm singing at a wedding, funeral, or at church...but I can tie one in the dark. My brother was Mr. GQ back in his teenage years and 20's, and made sure I knew how to tie a tie, but I still hate wearing one

Comment

Working...
                                X