Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Begging your pardon, but I don't think any system will eliminate a wild flyer once in a while. We all have them.

Comment

3 under is a little bit noisier than one over but not much. If it is much louder then you are probably not pulling with even pressure on your fingers. With three fingers under and fairly even pressure on them, your bottom finger will not be on the string as much as the others.

Most 3 under shooters that have a loud bow have the string pulled straight instead of at the angle that makes it in line with the bow's bottom limb tip. Look at the picture showing my anchor and you can see what I mean. If you have the string pulled to straight through your fingers then it will have to snap back into alignment at the release putting extreme downward pull on the back of the arrow. That is why some people have to move their nock point way higher than for one over, to compensate for their grip on the bow string, but it doesn't help with the noise problem. The nock on my string is not any higher than most one over shooters, 3/8 to 1/2", and I have no problem with string ducking deer.

So try the change in string grip and see if that helps you out any.

Comment

Oh, and don't listen to Bisch about noise. He is about as hard of hearing as I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          Oh, and don't listen to Bisch about noise. He is about as hard of hearing as I am.
          That's how I KNOW the noise is real. If I can hear it it then it is loud enough to be an issue to some people.

Bisch

Comment

I think I understand what your saying and I do believe I'm pulling straight. I'll work on that. Thanks! Does it seem strange that my point on is 20 yards? I'm shooting a 49#@28" bow with 565gr arrows. From what I've read and the DVD's I've watch so far it seems that 30 or 40 yards seems to be a normal point on. ???

Thanks,
            Matt

Comment

Lots of great tips....getting better.

Why in the world did I ever pick up a wheel bow?

Comment

No surprise on your point on, Matt. My B-I-L's is the same. It just depends on how high you anchor on your face.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks for posting this, and thanks for answering my questions. It's been very helpfull.

Matt

Comment

i did a little shooting today w/ an older glove of mine, which is ALOT thinner than my Neet glove. i noticed that release noise went down a noticeable amount but i am not able to shoot for near as long due to finger fatigue from the missing material that my fingers are used to having. i may switch to the smaller glove and just shoot less rounds, or space them out a little more. i will keep you guys posted on this, as ive heard from reading the thread that a few of you are having the same release noise problem.

Comment

ttt for those interested in learning the gap shooting method.

Comment

Since I have been away from archery for 3 years and am working up the nerve to get back in it, this looks like something I want to try. Would you mind giving the dimentions of the cardboard, my SWAG is 2'x4'.
                        Thanks

Comment

I could be wrong, but I don't think that is big enough.

Comment

Bump to keep it high in the list and maybe get an answer. Deb, what would be your guess? I was going by the bow in the first picture.

Comment

Originally posted by bentstk View Post
                              Bump to keep it high in the list and maybe get an answer. Deb, what would be your guess? I was going by the bow in the first picture.
                              Imo 4x4 would be about ideal, you could get by with 4'tall and 3'wide.

Comment

Ok, really like the idea of this method and think it fits my brain more easily, I do basic physics problems for fun, and it very very good for foam and stand hunting. I was playing with this yesterday and can't seem to keep both eyes open. Bad form I know, but when I do my brain does cheetah flips. I'm very right eye/hand dominant. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X