No announcement yet.

Truth Be Told.....Pittsburg Steeler Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had no reason to apologize. He didn't make his team look bad. They did that all by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      So he's not a complete Hero?

He's not the hero all the fans who rushed out and bought his jersey was hoping he would be. Stay focused grasshopper.

Comment

I believe it was Sports Illustrated that had an article on it. He was suppose to stand with Ben Rothlesburger in the tunnel, and a guy carrying a flag got in his way, so he couldn't see that the rest of his team stopped. By that point, the anthem was going and he wasn't going to walk back in the tunnel.

I find it all very odd. But I think he's facing some heat from inside his clubhouse, and he's trying to tamper that a little bit by releasing the statement he did today

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
          I believe it was Sports Illustrated that had an article on it. He was suppose to stand with Ben Rothlesburger in the tunnel, and a guy carrying a flag got in his way, so he couldn't see that the rest of his team stopped. By that point, the anthem was going and he wasn't going to walk back in the tunnel.

I find it all very odd. But I think he's facing some heat from inside his clubhouse, and he's trying to tamper that a little bit by releasing the statement he did today
          Like I said Peer pressure, Bullying, Ganging up what ever you want to call is in play here at some level. Despite him being a war hero they are pressuring him at some level.

Comment

Are they not hypocrites then? (Those that decided to kneel while the rest of the team stood, at any point from when it all started, to this past Sunday). I say this because they did not follow the agreement set forth by the team (That they would be present and at least stand during the Anthem Post 2009 - when it became mandatory for teams to be on the field). Now, when he accidentally doesn't adhere to the agreement, he faces scrutiny. #LiberalLogic

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              He's not the hero all the fans who rushed out and bought his jersey was hoping he would be. Stay focused grasshopper.
              Well, those fans a ****ing idiots then

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Well, those fans a ****ing idiots then

Agree

Comment

He did the right thing and I doubt anyone in that locker room said a word about it.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                    He did the right thing and I doubt anyone in that locker room said a word about it.

The coach did

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      I don't agree with what they did, but do have some inside information on what actually happened, not what we are seeing. I know a guy really really well who plays for the Steelers. Stand up dude, does alot for our community, church, and loves to hunt. Before the game they had a players only meeting and decided on standing in the tunnel instead of the field for the national anthem. They voted on 3 choices. I don't remember exactly what they were but something along the lines of
                      1. Whole team stands on field holding hands
                      2. Whole team on field, standing if they wanted/kneeling if they wanted.
                      3. Stand/kneel in the tunnel out of the public eye. (This was voted on to stay out of the media for their beliefs. Those kneeling wouldn't have to deal with the b.s. this backfired. I also believe that Villanueva was to do as he pleased because of his vet background.
                      this was decided as a team, to stay out of the spotlight, it didnt work that way.

i will say that if vance was okay with this I am sure it was with good intentions. He has always stood for his beliefs, even when he was the only one with them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                      There is the team football and there is TEAM USA. TEAM USA don't give a crap about team football if you disrespect the bigger TEAM USA.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        There is the team football and there is TEAM USA. TEAM USA don't give a crap about team football if you disrespect the bigger TEAM USA.
                        I agree completely. But you missed everything my post was about. The ONLY reason they didn't come out was to avoid being drug into this. There was no disrespect intended (as a team anyway). This was done, from what I understand, as a team because there were some that wanted to stand, some that wanted to kneel. They felt that being out of sight would keep any of them from being pulled into this mess. Now with that being said, if you would re read my first sentence, I don't agree with it. I think they should all be on the field, and all be required to stand. I was just sharing that this was not done in protest to anything, nor was it done to disrespect anything or anyone. Although I do see how it has been taken that way. I am still reading as much as I can on it as well, because him apologizing and Tomlin ripping him don't add up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sad to see his apology video. Their coach is a POS in my book

Comment

To me, there was one that did right and made the rest look bad for doing the wrong thing. He may apologize for making his it obvious his teammates were wrong, but the team was wrong in my eyes. Not being out there spoke volumes, intended or not.

You don't get to vote on the least offensive way to not show respect during the anthem, and get a pass.
                            Last edited by BrianL; 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I lived in Pittsburgh during the early to mid 70's and was a fan all my life... WAS...No more!

Sorry he apologised but I may still buy a Villeneuve jersey though.

Comment

Oh Yeah! The man is a hero and the rest of his so-called team are a bunch of sniveling cowards right up the the team's owner. I wish him the best for being the man that he is and a true American.
                                I just hope that there is still one team owner out there that won't cave in to the media and alt left/BLM. Tom Benson maybe???? I sure hope so or I've got friends in Nola that are gonna about die and one of them works for Mr Benson.

Now, Let's go hit em in the pocket book. Right where it will hurt the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X