Good bye NFL hello LMN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Huntin channel. Is there really any sport more important than that anyway? I don't think so.

My opinion ain't worth much though. I don't care anything about sports in general.
    Same here!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      Tuned out the NBA & NFL.

Disrespected our Veterans PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE!

3 Tours in Iraq - West Point Graduate - Army Rangers

The ONLY MAN IN THE NFL!

Alejandro Villanueva's jersey becomes an overnight best-seller after he stands for anthem................

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Alejandro Villanueva's jersey becomes an overnight best-seller after he stands for anthem................
        did you see his interview today? he basically said he screwed up the plan and had zero intention of being the only player out there. and, he was trying to walk back into the tunnel but he didnt have time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

why was nobody upset about the fact that no one is putting their hand over their heart? as a kid, i learned that is what you do. very few (if any) players or spectators do this anymore and its always bothered me. now, somebody kneels and its an issue. how do we know where the line is drawn before media coverage and outrage ensue?

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
            why was nobody upset about the fact that no one is putting their hand over their heart? as a kid, i learned that is what you do. very few (if any) players or spectators do this anymore and its always bothered me. now, somebody kneels and its an issue. how do we know where the line is drawn before media coverage and outrage ensue?

Pledge of Allegiance. ....you're confused. Be outraged though.

Comment

I wonder how many here stand for the national anthem in their living room or at the sports bar. The flag is up, it's playing, do you stand and honor it while it plays live on the tv?

In our home we do.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

did you see his interview today? he basically said he screwed up the plan and had zero intention of being the only player out there. and, he was trying to walk back into the tunnel but he didnt have time.

Yeah that was disappointing. However, since Mike Tomlin was apparently PO'd, i'm not sure I believe it.

I also saw that Ben Roethlisberger said he made a mistake and should have walked out and stood.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I wonder how many here stand for the national anthem in their living room or at the sports bar. The flag is up, it's playing, do you stand and honor it while it plays live on the tv?

In our home we do.

No. But I do have a flag flying in my front yard everyday. Does that count or am I anti-American?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Yeah that was disappointing. However, since Mike Tomlin was apparently PO'd, i'm not sure I believe it.

I also saw that Ben Roethlisberger said he made a mistake and should have walked out and stood.
                    These guys are all over the place and have PR reps telling them what to say depending on the polls and how it will effect their endorsements

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      These guys are all over the place and have PR reps telling them what to say depending on the polls and how it will effect their endorsements
                      Exactly correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Pledge of Allegiance. ....you're confused. Be outraged though.
                        not sure if you were serious, but there's this...

Comment

not sure if you were serious, but there's this...

No, not serious. We've had this argument on this site before. Most of it started in '08 when the picture of Obama standing with his hands by his side.

Happily, the Primary and Elementary schools my boys go to still practice the proper Pledge and Anthem etiquette. They say the Pledge to Texas also.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

In our home we do.

I do, at the position of attention, with my hand over my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

And the PR firms are in LA and NYC with their fingers on the pulse of average fly over state Americans obviously [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                I went to the Astros game Friday. They didn't plan the National Anthem. Usually its right before the first pitch. We looked around, there wasn't even a flag inside the stadium.
                                I witnessed four National Anthems at Astros games this season. My grandsons HS band played the anthem on the field in the August game at 6:45pm. The screen display above right center field had a giant flag on it. Old glory was on its pole down the fowl line. I suspect nothing has changed and you arrived just after the anthem.

If even one Texan player kneels or sits during the anthem I'll be thru with them and all of the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X