No announcement yet.

New approach to massive COON PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed back from lease now. I won’t be able to Check Game cam pics until morning but initial inspection is that the CoonHoods worked! Above each one, the paint of the feeder was scratched and bit repeatedly. Looks like some frustrated coons wanted to get into the feeder but couldn’t. We shall see for sure in the AM, but here is the pic I took today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool pics. Mine just came in and I will be making a trip out to the lease soon to put them on!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
        Headed back from lease now. I won’t be able to Check Game cam pics until morning but initial inspection is that the CoonHoods worked! Above each one, the paint of the feeder was scratched and bit repeatedly. Looks like some frustrated coons wanted to get into the feeder but couldn’t. We shall see for sure in the AM, but here is the pic I took today.

That looks like a real solution to the coon problems... Did you notice any difference in the amount of feed remaining in the feeders as compared to previous feeder fill trips??

Comment

At 3:45 in the video is where it shows the coons attempting to defeat the CoonHood....
          Oh they will find a way. They have all the time in the world to troubleshoot it.

Comment

Just went thru a few thousand pictures from the above feeder and I have to say that I am COMPLETELY SOLD on CoonHoods. The last time I filled the feeder (before installing the CoonHoods) I had the 1,100 pounds of feed last 10-14 days. At that time the pictures would consist of deer eating protein and then the feeder would get taken-over by a herd of coons and the deer would be stand-off'ish. This time it's completely different. Out of over 4,000 pictures, I only have about a dozen with a solo coon climbing the leg and then getting off the feeder. The CoonHoods completely discouraged the coons from even messing with the feeder. The great news is that I have deer surrounding the feeder and having their way with the protein consistently day and night. the feeder had feed for 35 days. After that, a smart doe learned to jump up and slam the CoonHood down with her hoof to shake more feed into the tubes. This is where the scratches come from above the hoods. I feel that my investment in the CoonHoods has already paid for itself as I am more than doubling the time (and probably feed) that my deer are eating. Hopefully this will equal more inches of antler in the long-run.
            I am a happy customer.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That deer is funny. Probably taunting the coons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                    Oh they will find a way. They have all the time in the world to troubleshoot it.
                    coons like any wild animal are going to find the easiest food source ... with coonhoods your protein feeder is no longer the easiest source... so although they might could spend all the time in the world to figure it out ... why would they? Black Golds results show exactly that .

Thanks to BlackGold for making this thread and posting his results!!

Comment

And for the record, I paid full retail price plus shipping for the CoonHoods so this is in no way a “deal” made with the company for a field test or review. I just want to make that clear. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HadenP View Post
                        coons like any wild animal are going to find the easiest food source ... with coonhoods your protein feeder is no longer the easiest source... so although they might could spend all the time in the world to figure it out ... why would they? Black Golds results show exactly that .

Thanks to BlackGold for making this thread and posting his results!!
                        That comment was just directed at years and years of dealing with coons and their craftiness. I am just now seeing this thread. I did not know that these existed. I think your product is the new "mouse trap" and a "why didn't I think of that" type product for coon/feed issues. I don't think coons will figure this one out. Unless they start jamming sticks in them. LOL.

Comment

And for the record, I paid full retail price plus shipping for the CoonHoods so this is in no way a “deal” made with the company for a field test or review. I just want to make that clear. Thanks.

Well I just tallied up 36 spouts that could use these on our place. I would go for a bulk "deal".

Comment

Dang, addition of the coon hoods more than doubled the length that your feed lasted. That's impressive in itself and proves that these should pay for themselves pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                              Well I just tallied up 36 spouts that could use these on our place. I would go for a bulk "deal".
                              You are right! Coons are shockingly crafty! It's amazing some of the things I have seen them do!! I do offer qty discounts when purchasing For multiple feeders. Email me or contact me through the site and we will see what kind of "deal" we can make haha

Comment

Originally posted by HadenP View Post
                                You are right! Coons are shockingly crafty! It's amazing some of the things I have seen them do!! I do offer qty discounts when purchasing For multiple feeders. Email me or contact me through the site and we will see what kind of "deal" we can make haha
                                Email sent

Comment

Working...
                                X