No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC, I've gotta try some tuna! Doug gave me some Yellow fin and some Black fin steaks some time back... I think I still have a package of each... maybe this weekend... I LOVE grilled tuna!!

Comment

Bed Bath and Beyond has the 36 inch for $256. Then add a 20% online coupon and free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are you guys buying your meat for Philly cheesesteak and what type of meat are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          AC, I've gotta try some tuna! Doug gave me some Yellow fin and some Black fin steaks some time back... I think I still have a package of each... maybe this weekend... I LOVE grilled tuna!!

Yessir! It's some good eatin!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtip24 View Post
            Where are you guys buying your meat for Philly cheesesteak and what type of meat are you getting?
            Prime rib sliced as thin as possible. I get mine from Brookshire Brothers

Comment

How to make fried rice...

Ingredients

Butter, 3 tablespoons, divided
              Egg, beaten, 1
              Diced onions, 1/4 cup
              Diced carrots, 1/4 cup
              Peas, 1/4 cup
              Garlic clove, minced, 1
              Leftover white rice, 2 cups
              Soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
              Sesame oil, 1 teaspoon
              Green onions, diced 1 teaspoon
              Toasted sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon

Start by turning your griddle to high heat. Once the griddle heats up, add a tablespoon of butter, and allow it to coat the top. Hint: butter is the secret ingredient to this recipe.

Add the egg and let it cook in one even layer before chopping it up with your spatula -- with the skill and gusto of a real Hibachi chef, of course. Transfer the egg to a plate and set aside.

Add another tablespoon of butter to the griddle, and then add the onions, carrots and peas. Cook for a few minutes and then add the garlic. Stir the garlic into the veggies and cook for one minute.

Push all of the veggies to one side of the griddle, and then add, you guessed it, another tablespoon of butter to the empty side of the griddle. Did I mention that butter is the secret ingredient?

Add the leftover rice to the butter as well as the soy sauce and sesame oil.

This is where you really develop the Hibachi-style flavor by stir-frying the rice and veggies together, pushing them around the hot griddle for several minutes. Just before done, add the eggs back to the griddle, and stir back into the rice. Season with black pepper and stir; then turn off the heat.

Transfer the fried rice to a serving dish and garnish with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve additional soy sauce alongside the rice.

Comment

Bought the 28” last week, seasoned it and cooked steak and onions Tuesday, steaks had nice crust and came out rare-medium rare, a little butter and wife loved them! I cooked bacon, Canadian bacon, eggs and English muffins this morning. Came out great and I was surprised how quick and easy it was to do. I scraped the area where I cooked the bacon, got the fines off and cooked the eggs in the bacon grease! Cleanup was quick, light scrape, wipe off with paper towel and then clean with wet hand towel. A few drops of oil spread with a paper towel, then a quick wipe with the wet towel and I was done. Wish I would have bought 1 years ago!

Comment

Welcome to the club! You can sure sling a lot of breakfast in a hurry on one

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Welcome to the club! You can sure sling a lot of breakfast in a hurry on one
                    I’ll have my ducks in a row when I make breakfast again since it goes so quick! I thought the 28” might be too small or wouldn’t get hot enough but that’s certainly not true. I could have made breakfast for a dozen people in another 15 minutes!

Comment

Fajitas

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                        Fajitas
                        Cooked a choice top sirloin with onions again and it came out great again. No pics, the evidence disappeared.

Fajitas and the fixings are on the menu tomorrow!

Comment

Went to home Depot and Walmart today. Couldn't take it anymore. Got tired of my mouth watering from this thread. Will assemble tomorrow. Already bought 3 lb of cheap bacon to season it. Any instructions on exactly how to season it with the bacon?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Went to home Depot and Walmart today. Couldn't take it anymore. Got tired of my mouth watering from this thread. Will assemble tomorrow. Already bought 3 lb of cheap bacon to season it. Any instructions on exactly how to season it with the bacon?
                            You will be happy with your purchase. As far as seasoning, I scrubbed the griddle with soap and water, then cleaned the soap off. Dryed it off and lit the burners about half way, when it was hot sprayed with water and wiped that off till I felt it was clean. Cooled down and spread olive oil with a paper towel, fired it up and let it burn off. I scraped and wiped the griddle off and repeated 3 times with the oil. Turned it off and wiped the grill off with a paper towel, heated it back up and wiped it off with a wet cloth towel until it felt clean and slick. Cooled it off and added a few drops of oil with a paper towel on the whole surface, then lightly wiped the excess with the wet towel. I cooked steak and onions on it 15 minutes later.
                            Save your bacon and cook it for breakfast!

Comment

Saw a black stone on Facebook for sale near Haslet that needs to be seasoned. $100.

Comment

Aaaaaand we're off.

Got it set up and seasoned.

Wife and daughter put in an order for chupacabra zucchini first. Then precooking lunches (chicken breast and deer sausage).

Comment

Working...
                                X