Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's ear tip to ear tip then 14-15 inches

Comment

Agree with all above. mature deer ears are more than 13 inches tip to tip in almost all cases. If he were a 3 year old I would not shoot him but at this age, yes i would. Had one like that the first year of the 13 inch rule and he went 14.5 after I debated him a few times.

As to ARs I will say I see lots more bucks at the lease not than before the rule went in. places 100 to 300 acres around my 140 acres that were over hunted and most bucks never saw 2 years of age.

Comment

He's legal! And mature! 5.5

Comment

I'm agreeing with bjsexpress. Just not a fan of AR, but you can't expect all hunters to go by the age rule or even understand it... The deer is most likely legal, I understand why you are asking and I would NEVER try to gamble that some warden may not mind as long as he is old. My VERY limited experience has told me they don't take into account anything that is not in print. Just my mileage. I will say I would probably shoot the buck if he got into range.

Comment

BTW I hope you get another chance at him, he is really nice, AND mature.

Comment

I would say closer to 6.5 and 14.5" definitely meets AR. Choot 'em

Comment

14" no doubt in my mind,. 5.5 plus yrs

Comment

I think I would of shot him no matter what

Comment

This is the same buck last year. He started out at my cousins place about 2 miles up the road. I thought he looked a lot younger last year
                    Attached Files

Comment

IMO...send an arrow in his direction. Old enough and wide enough.

Comment

15" wide

Comment

Legal

Comment

I agree with everyone else. About 14-15" and at least 5.5.

Comment

No question he is legal! AR is the only reason you have opportunities at bucks like this in lots of places. Best thing that ever happened to Easttexas. Gives people a chance at shooting better bucks without paying a ton of $ to do so!
                              Last edited by ShaBow; 10-06-2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

14 -15 inches

Comment

Working...
                                X