Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lip View Post
    When you get it in maybe we can get together for me to take a live look at it. Our farm is near Tenaha & Timpson so we’re up that way quite often.
    Good deal, just send me a PM or give me a shout ahead of town and we can set something up. Thanks!

Comment

Do any of y'all have experience with the Sightmark Night Raider? Can't seem to find much info online about them. Looking into a UNV20ir unit as well. Thanks for any input.

Comment

About the farthest I can see/shoot on our place is 300-350 yards and that's pushing it. It would more likely be 150-200 yards or less. I'd like to be able to video and would occasionally have someone with me so their ability to see what I see would be nice. I'd primarily be using this for hogs along with some coyotes and bobcats in Deep East Texas. I plan to use NV on a 5.56 but could get a new upper at some point if I decide that is necessary. I'm pretty tech savy. If the budget is $4k for the night vision and mounting, what would you get?

Comment

About the farthest I can see/shoot on our place is 300-350 yards and that's pushing it. It would more likely be 150-200 yards or less. I'd like to be able to video and would occasionally have someone with me so their ability to see what I see would be nice. I'd primarily be using this for hogs along with some coyotes and bobcats in Deep East Texas. I plan to use NV on a 5.56 but could get a new upper at some point if I decide that is necessary. I'm pretty tech savy. If the budget is $4k for the night vision and mounting, what would you get?

Buy an atn x-sight2 for $550 and save the rest. feeder is at 210 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
            Buy an atn x-sight2 for $550 and save the rest. feeder is at 210 yards

We’re about 60-70% wooded. I’m thinking thermal work better to pick out animals in those areas but not really sure.

Comment

We’re about 60-70% wooded. I’m thinking thermal work better to pick out animals in those areas but not really sure.

I’m in Woodville and we are about 75% wooded. You can see the reflection in their eyes. Just offering my thoughts that a 4K dollar thermal isn’t quite a need lol!

Comment

I'd buy a Pulsar Trail. I have the XQ38 and its freakin awesome.

I recently went from night vision to thermal and thermal is definitely where its at.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                  I'd buy a Pulsar Trail. I have the XQ38 and its freakin awesome.

I recently went from night vision to thermal and thermal is definitely where its at.

I’ve been looking at the XQ’s and wondering for my situation if the 50 is $500 better than the 38 and if the 38 is $500 better than the 30. Do you use the 38 day and night?

Comment

I’ve been looking at the XQ’s and wondering for my situation if the 50 is $500 better than the 38 and if the 38 is $500 better than the 30. Do you use the 38 day and night?

You can use any thermal day or night. But you won't be able to tell what a buck is unless he is in velvet. But for pig or coyote hunting you can use anytime to ID them.

I would not go below a 38

Comment

I’m in Woodville and we are about 75% wooded. You can see the reflection in their eyes. Just offering my thoughts that a 4K dollar thermal isn’t quite a need lol!

a NV is not a NEED either

But if WANT something, I personally will save for a good one.

I have used your scope and thermals of all grades

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        a NV is not a NEED either

But if WANT something, I personally will save for a good one.

I have used your scope and thermals of all grades

Pigs go nocturnal towards the end of deer season so to hunt them effectively, I NEED a night vision. If he was in the market for anything I gave him MY opinion of what he could do for less.

Comment

Pigs go nocturnal towards the end of deer season so to hunt them effectively, I NEED a night vision. If he was in the market for anything I gave him MY opinion of what he could do for less.

You need NV... I NEED thermal. LOL

Well I have one now and want to buy a scanner at some point now.

You won't know real night hunting IMO until you have a thermal or very nice NV

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            You need NV... I NEED thermal. LOL

Well I have one now and want to buy a scanner at some point now.

You won't know real night hunting IMO until you have a thermal or very nice NV

Sounds like you oughta let me borrow yours lmao[emoji23] I’d like to try out some high in stuff in an open field with some acreage. I’m limited to narrow lanes about 200 yards long right now!

Comment

Sounds like you oughta let me borrow yours lmao[emoji23] I’d like to try out some high in stuff in an open field with some acreage. I’m limited to narrow lanes about 200 yards long right now!

Be prepared to buy some after you try it..I started with digital NV. Now I have two 640 armasight Zeus thermals, one being the 75mm HD (amazing detail) and a gen 3 alpha NV clip on. It’s like NFA items..

Comment

I was going to start with NV but from everything I read, I decided to skip a step and start with thermal.

Comment

Working...
                                X