No announcement yet.

How bad is Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was born and raised not far from Sulphur. The park down there is beautiful and Lake Arbuckle is very close. Also Turner Falls in Davis is nice. If you don't have any kids in school I would do Sulphur. If you got kids I would do Ada.

Comment

I don't mind OK one bit. Spent 4yrs there in college and loved it. I've been to Ada a few times but don't know much about it. If you like small town living, you will like OK.

Comment

I used to hunt in n/w ok, a couple miles s of Kansas.. people very nice, slower paced lifestyles.. like tx was 25 yrs ago... I, too, hate the way tx is changing

Comment

I'd move to Ok in a heart beat. I have a good friend in the Ada area and enjoy my visits.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            I like Oklahoma
            The rate texas is changing I could picture ending up in Oklahoma after retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            This ^^^^. I have a friend who just moved from DFW to Oklahoma and bought a steal of a house!

Comment

Im still 20yrs away from retirement but been thinking about it myself. My mom lives in NE OK and I like the terrian and weather there but there is an awful lot of super trashy people, theft and drug use. If I can buy enough land I figure I could get far enough away from them hopefully. There plenty of good solid people mixed in though.

Comment

I’d be looking around Antlers. Commute to Ada. My cousin runs a hospital in Ada. Good country!

Comment

Texas is turning blue way too fast. Oklahoma never will. I never thought I'd ever consider leaving Texas. The day it goes all California, I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    Way less libs and city folk.
                    Also way less small towns and country folk by sheer numbers.

Comment

We lived in Northeastern OK when I was a kid. We lived close to Lake Tenkiller and it was a great place to grow up. Beautiful country.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Texas is turning blue way too fast. Oklahoma never will. I never thought I'd ever consider leaving Texas. The day it goes all California, I'm out.

Where would you go Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Also way less small towns and country folk by sheer numbers.

That’s what makes it awesome.

Comment

Can't speak to living in ADA, but my friend has a place on the Canadian River just north of there and the deer quality and numbers are astounding. Nice long bow season too.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                              Where would you go Bob?
                              Therein lies the tough question. [emoji848]

Comment

Hunting and fishing are really good. Ticks are bad... Most meth is cooked there but sent to Texas... Very country, and lots of great people. They are starting to feel about Texans the way we do about the people moving in here and driving prices up.

Comment

Working...
                                X