No announcement yet.

Luling City Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's too bad. Used to be my favorite place to go when headed out 10 west.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
      Great ribs the one time I went - but those can be had lots of places. Brisket was dry and tasted like pot roast. I won't be going back. I'll head up the road to Black's instead ...
      I have to agree. Used to eat City Market all the time but now I go to Blacks only. Eat there about every other week and you can't beat their beef ribs.

Comment

Luling BBQ across 183 is much better IMO.

Comment

I am pretty the one in Houston takes cards

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
            I have to agree. Used to eat City Market all the time but now I go to Blacks only. Eat there about every other week and you can't beat their beef ribs.

Your right on them ribs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for posting because I still recommend this place from my experience there 10+ years ago. My Dad couldn't drive by without stopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                Thanks for posting because I still recommend this place from my experience there 10+ years ago. My Dad couldn't drive by without stopping.
                X2.
                When I lived in Houston I would take the family through and grab some Q to go. Staff never was overly friendly but the Q was good.
                Now living in Austin there're lots of good Q options.

Comment

Glad everybody is quitting there. Maybe the line won’t be out the door anymore.

Comment

It's been about a year since I have been. It was very good still. Brisket, ribs and sausage. Got the same at the place down a block due to a friends recommendation. Said it was far superior. It was absolutely horrible. At that point I said I would make my own decisions because people are weird. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                      drive all the way to Silsbee and get you some bbq at west texas bbq,,, you will not regret it!! also Goings bbq in Lumberton is pretty good too
                      If your gonna drive that far might as well keep going to evadale and go to chucks.

Comment

City Meat Market in Luling used to be the place to go when I was going to school in SWTSU, but sadly it's not anymore. My son and I ate there not too long ago and the brisket was more fat than meat, the sausage was so greasy and was not the flavor of years past.

I don't know what happened to the place, they had a bird's nest on the ground, but I'm sure that tourists will continue to stop but most I think won't make the same mistake twice.

Sad.

Glad everybody is quitting there. Maybe the line won’t be out the door anymore.
                        The line will probably still be out the door. There are many whose taste buds are not what they should be.

Comment

I used to eat there a lot, moved away, ate there about six months ago and the ribs and sausage and sauce were still outstanding.

Comment

**** I've been to LCM a couple of times and each time it was great. Brisket (flat and the point pieces), ribs and sausage...

Usually folks tell you to drive right past Lockhart to get to LCM.... hopefully you got a bad batch or your taste buds suck..

Comment

The few times i went, it was okay. Definitely overrated.

Comment

Same here...we ate there yesterday for lunch and it was far from good bbq. The caseing on the sausage was so tough and greasy the plastic knife wouldn’t cut all the way through. The ribs were covered in sauce to cover up the over cooked exterior I assume as they weren’t that great either. The only thing good was the beans.

Comment

Working...
                                X