Luling City Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luling City Market

I can honestly say that the bbq at this place blows. I guess they only take cash so you can't stop payment on the meal. Got half a pound of brisket and pork ribs and they were both dry. Sauce is nothing special. At the risk of getting beat down by Bob, Rudy's has better bbq. Scratch this one off my list.

Good thing Bucee's is just down the road and has clean bathrooms cause I unloaded that meal as fast as I could.
    Last edited by SneakyPhil; 03-05-2019, 02:17 PM. Reason: .

but how do you really feel?

Comment

That church on the south side of town that gives out free taco meals on Tuesday evenings probably has better food than the city market.

Comment

I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't think it was anything special though. Now Pecan Lodge, that one was not good. Not sure how PL made the top 50 back in 2017.

Comment

That was my experience with them as well. Wasn't at all impressed.

Comment

It’s very hit or miss that’s for sure last few times was a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Then something has changed because they were excellent for as long as I can remember...wonder if it's under new ownership?

Comment

I've only been once, but the ribs were amazing.

Comment

Sorry I was talking about City Market in Luling being great, not to be confused with Luling city market in Houston

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                    I can honestly say that the bbq at this place blows. I guess they only take cash so you can't stop payment on the meal. Got half a pound of brisket and pork ribs and they were both dry. Sauce is nothing special. At the risk of getting beat down by Bob, Rudy's has better bbq. Scratch this one off my list.

Good thing Bucee's is just down the road and has clean bathrooms cause I unloaded that meal as fast as I could.
                    drive all the way to Silsbee and get you some bbq at west texas bbq,,, you will not regret it!! also Goings bbq in Lumberton is pretty good too

Comment

First time in city market it was great. Next/last trip was terrible!! Haven't been back since. BBQ is too expensive to eat bad BBQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                        Sorry I was talking about City Market in Luling being great, not to be confused with Luling city market in Houston
                        So OP is talking about the Houston location? I was about to get really sad if he was talking about the place in Luling. All I have heard is great things about that one.

Comment

City Market in Luling was about the best around. they go on the food network and started getting very busy about 4-5 years ago. Everything changed. Cant say I would recommend it anymore. Hopefully Mrs Snow in Lexingon does not change her methods.

Comment

Great ribs the one time I went - but those can be had lots of places. Brisket was dry and tasted like pot roast. I won't be going back. I'll head up the road to Black's instead ...

Comment

ITs been hit or miss for a long time.... and the workers couldn't be any ruder.

Comment

Working...
                              X