Allen Broadheads???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Broadheads???

Anyone ever used these? There made by the Allen company. Walmart sell them, but I have seen them at Academy also. I know there not the best, but the budjet is very limited right now. Just looking for any opinions on them from anyone that has tried them.

two words....shot placement

Comment

They might work, but I wonder how sharp they are out of the box and probably have a rough time finding replacement blades. May be one of those "one shot and done" BH's.

Comment

IMO, they suck. When I first started bowhunting I had 6 arrows that were exactly the same and I tipped all of them with Allen 100 gr. broadheads. For the life of me I could not group them worth a crap, even at 10 yards! I switched those out with some better broadheads....thunderheads. I then started threading the needle. I would spend some extra money and get you some decent broadheads....JMO.

Comment

They suck, sharpeness of blades is the most important aspect of a broadhead and they don't cut it, I would at least buy a mid priced broadhead like muzzy's.

Comment

they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Allen Heads

My advice is the their Firstcut Exp cut on contact Mechanicals arent bad ,but But the grizzly and javelin are junk would probably blow apart on impact. For $25.00 you can get a half dozen Snuffers at Bass Pro much better bargain
              MIke

Comment

Muzzy 100gr are GREAT broadheads and sharp and group good and are tough!! GREAT BROADHEADS in my opinion I use them ALL the time

Comment

Very very dull.

Comment

i'll finish your sentence

allen broadheads........suck!

Comment

Suck

IMO, they suck. When I first started bowhunting I had 6 arrows that were exactly the same and I tipped all of them with Allen 100 gr. broadheads. For the life of me I could not group them worth a crap, even at 10 yards!
                      Same experience, and same reason as you for trying them(low budget). Ended up costing me more by having to replace them, than just starting with quality broadheads.

Comment

If it's a money issue, and budgets are that tight, I've got three 100 gr. Montecs I'll sell you cheap to get you up and running, just say the word. All you have to do is sharpen them, and there's plenty of folks on here who'll advise you on sharpening them. One's been through a big doe, and they are fine.

If there's a reason why you'd need 125 gr. I've got a bunch of older Thunderheads that I'll never use.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yall have sold me on getting a better broadhead. Going to spend a little more and get something I'm more confident in. Probably 100gr Muzzys or Thunderheads.

Comment

If you're strapped buy some Magnus heads. When you wreck them, send them back and they replace them free. They cost about the same as anything else, but you can have them forever, just don't lose them.

Comment

i keep a couple of allens in the quiver in case hogs come out. Fine for that, but sticking with something a little better for the deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X