No announcement yet.

U S Open 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen, and give me a spotter too. These guys play on perfect course conditions every week and have someone finding their ball after every shot. That's realistic.
    The best U.S Opens are played on these types of courses. I'll take even par over 15 under any day. Go Jordon!!

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    A friend sent me a text from an instagram video of Kevin Na, showing the ball in the tall stuff and complaining. I laughed. Come play the crap courses I play without a gallery or man made obstacles that give you a free drop on errant iron shots or bumpy greens, etc. They are spoiled so I love it when things get a little more difficult for them.

Comment

Us open 2017

Leaving Friday to attend Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait to enjoy the a couple of days of golf and beer!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        A friend sent me a text from an instagram video of Kevin Na, showing the ball in the tall stuff and complaining. I laughed. Come play the crap courses I play without a gallery or man made obstacles that give you a free drop on errant iron shots or bumpy greens, etc. They are spoiled so I love it when things get a little more difficult for them.
        First off you sir are never in da ruff stuff. Short grass only for you

I hope the ruff looks like hay. They don't water the greens and triple roll them. The wind blows 20+. They don't rake the bunkers. And Johnny Miller walks with the last group on Sunday.

Majors are supposed to be more difficult

Comment

With plenty of length and brutal rough at Erin Hills, hitting it long and straight off the tee at this year’s U.S. Open will be crucial. Take a look at the drivers of choice for these contend…

Comment

Hot names going into this week

Combine the inconsistent play of late from golf’s stars, a course unknown to all but a few players and this might be the toughest major championship to prognosticate in some time. We know this: Eri…

Comment

In for this

Comment

Im having a hard time picking my team on this one ...

Comment

Studied the course this morning and noticed there isn't really any water in play except maybe on the first hole. With that said, I think that accounts for some of the extra strokes that will occur because of the high fescue. It looks like a true links style course but lets be honest, how many players actually play or will play that style of golf this week? Fairways are mile wide, as long as the winds don't get out of hand I don't think there will be an issue except with the high ball hitters. I would expect scores similar 2002 Open at Bethpage.

Comment

I sure wish they would get back to more attractive venues. I am not a big fan of links style courses. They are just not visually appealing to me. Two years ago at Chambers Bay was the ugliest course (short of the British Open), and now this. I want to see lush courses with lots of trees.

This course looks ugly to me. I don't want to see yellow or dead grass around a US Open course.

OK, rant over.......

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      Paul (Boom Stick)16NCS, Thanks for starting the United States Open thread. Also Congrats on your Win in the TBH Open yesterday.

Paul and I talked yesterday and we discussed somethings concerning these threads. I started these threads 2 years ago to have fun and create some interest in following your favorite players on the PGA tour during the majors. Also to show how hard it is to get 4-6 golfers playing good at the same time even if they are pro's. Paul jumped in and started doing all the computer work for the teams and scoring. He does a lot of work on this that I am to lazy to do and I appreciate all his work. We want it to be fair for all. We know we can't make everyone happy but we will try and keep the screw ups to a minimum.

With that said we wanted everyone that takes part to be sure and have fun first and foremost. We have tried our best to keep the rules simple. So here we go!

* If you have a team entered and you do not win. Be sure and make it a point to get your Ole Abe to the Big Winner of the event.

RULES:

* Pick 6 players for your team. After the final round we will total your 4 best scores for the 4 rounds for your teams score.

* Team entry dead line **** Midnight this Wednesday at 12 midnight.

* if you want to change a pick on your team.
                      **** It must be (1 player named and added) for( 1 player named and removed) by Wednesday midnight***

***PAY THE WINNER***

Fairways and Greens for team Abcdj!

Rough and Bunkers for all others

Best of luck to all!
                      Are we posting them on this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                        Are we posting them on this thread?

Nope

Comment

Ok I'll Go First

Steve Stricker
                          Jim Furyk
                          Francesco Molinari
                          Jon Rham
                          Dustin Johnson
                          Jordon Spieth

Comment

Better pick the longest golfers, it won't be the best that win.

Comment

Just sent my $5 from the masters. Didn't read the rules, just posted a team and was at the top for a3 days but not when it mattered!!!! Fun times. Thanks for putting it together. Coach

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                                The fescue on that place is ridiculous. Have to keep the ball in the fairway or it's gonna be a long day
                                USGA caved this morning and cut the fescue on 4 holes....

Honestly I think they should have left it alone but no one asked me.

Lee Westwood also posted a funny video of Darren Clarke crawling out of the grass last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X