The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Great thread I do love this place as well. I check in each day. I thank the Lord each day for the blessings he has given me, this being one of them. I work 12 hours a day and do not have that many friends that work my hours but my 'friends' here are around 24/7/365. I can get up in the middle of the night not being able to sleep and there will be someone to talk to. It is magical. I joined before the crash and like many others I have laughed, grumbled, been touched and shed a tear over this group of people that I have been blessed to share this fire with...I look forward to the enternal fire to share in the future...

I pray that God will bless all of you like he has me, just stay keep the faith and believe, he is around 24/7/365 like the green screen. God Bless.

Could not have said it better Lance. I just checked in this morning while my coffee brewing. Out the door and off to work in a few minutes but I always check in each morning and at least once each afternoon when I get home. Heck, I'm nosy and don't want to miss something.

Comment

Here...don't get here as often as I used to or like. My company moved me downtown which means a different server which means more firewall junk than you can shake a stick at. I can't get on to TBH at all - BOOO HISS

WCB summed up how I feel about TBH - Bought, sold, traded, learned, tought, found, met, will meet, prayed and cryed (and drank a few...).
      Hopefully I have stepped up a notch since being here. Y'all are my teachers and proud to call you friends.

There are a lot irons in my fire right now:
      - The company I work for is in Chapter 11
      - The company I work for may be involved in a strike come tonight (Be super safe out there Richard and keep an eye out for all our peeps)
      - Contemplating looking for a new job based on the situation

On the plus end:
      - My wife of 16+ years is still my best friend
      - I have two (2) wonderful, happy, healthy sons (Mason gets his braces off on Wednesday)
      - I have a date night with my wife tonight (hubba, hubba)

...I'll be back, as often as I can.

First class as usual Casey - I am glad we have met after all these years.

P.S. Les - be safe out there today

Comment

Here... And just so yall know... 3 month old lacy pups like to chew on any exposed skin at 6 in the morning

Comment

Dr. Death,

Thanks for the video. In May, if things go as planned, my little girl will be leaving for the Navy. I know it is the best thing for her at this point in her life. She is not in any trouble or doing bad things, just needs that sense of direction or purpose since she seems to be spinning in circles right now. We are hoping to spend plenty of quality time with her before she goes. What hit me the hardest was when she said "One of the reasons I am doing this is for Ben (9 yr old brother). I want him to have a real reason to look up to me the way he does today. If I don't do this, one day he may look up and see that I wasn't really that special."

Still hits me like a ton of bricks.....

We are planning a mid-morning hike and picnic lunch today to enjoy the weather and life.

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by cdwrrtx View Post
            Dr. Death,

Thanks for the video. In May, if things go as planned, my little girl will be leaving for the Navy. I know it is the best thing for her at this point in her life. She is not in any trouble or doing bad things, just needs that sense of direction or purpose since she seems to be spinning in circles right now. We are hoping to spend plenty of quality time with her before she goes. What hit me the hardest was when she said "One of the reasons I am doing this is for Ben (9 yr old brother). I want him to have a real reason to look up to me the way he does today. If I don't do this, one day he may look up and see that I wasn't really that special."

Still hits me like a ton of bricks.....

We are planning a mid-morning hike and picnic lunch today to enjoy the weather and life.

Cliff
            Cliff, you must be very proud of your little girl. She will go far.

God be with her.

Comment

Here, I havent been apart of this long but its growing on me quickly

Comment

Last task before bed, first task in the morning.

Courtney has a Little Dribblers basketball game at 10, then Courtney and Hannah have a birthday party to attend at the skating rink...I think it's at 3ish. From there we go to a church shindig for the kids at Texas Tumbling gym. This single fatherhood thing is tough! Jeanette and Michaela will be back tonight. It's a busy weekend.

Michael
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

I am here in a deer stand south of Tilden watching sandhill cranes run the deer away from the feeder!
                  Last edited by Jaspro; 01-31-2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Stoking the fire.....
                    Heard this morning that January is the leading month for breakups in romantic relationships. To do my part in destroying this trend I'm going to be extra romantic today!
                    Last edited by rtread; 01-31-2009, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Awake. Pancakes going.....4 hour mandatory baseball clinic for all involved with Lamar Little League (coaches or managers). Then upwards basketball with boys at 1:30. Angel has cheerleading practice this morning, so we're splitting up and moving outta here pretty soon!

Had hoped to cook a brisket...might try again tomorrow.

P.S. Good luck on your hunt Prosser, tell Kelly hi..
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Here....good morning everyone!

Comment

Here

Comment

Got a dozen Surewood shafts in last night and now heading out to the office. Got to show some houses, you guys keep the fire warm. Hopefully my week ends under 85 hours...

Blessings to all

Comment

Here

My girls are chirpin' for donuts.

We are on a mission for Farmdog. We are going to go buy what we hope is a nice enclosed trailer to haul animals in and out of The Jumping Tortuga. Picking it up and leaving over at Huntmasters today (our lives revolve around the green screen).

GJ and Farmdog have me lined up to help cook in some Rio Grand Valley stock show cook off. Should be worth a few pixels.

Orderd some new framed stuff for the Cantina walls this week. Updated shots of my most valued treasure, my girls. I hope they turn out well.

I'm here, and I plan to stay here.

Comment

Good morning to all...
                                Well I'm loaded up and headed out to drop off some meat for sausage at Eckerman's. 4 Ice chests full of frozen roasts and trimings. Having the links and dried sticks done...making me hungry just thinking about it. Ya'll have a good day!

Oh yea...
                                congrats on the boar Chew

Comment

Working...
                                X