X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    The chemical industry is huge.

And it's going to explode when the oilfield crashes?

What about all those chemicals being sold in the oil industry? Pretty much every area that JMalin said is going to grow, is going to lose if the oil ind. goes down. The net upward growth would be non existent.
    Last edited by kyle1974; 11-30-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

What about all those chemicals being sold in the oil industry? Pretty much every area that JMalin said is going to grow, is going to lose if the oil ind. goes down. The net upward growth would be non existent.
      No kidding I wonder if he realizes how many chemicals the oil industry uses?

Comment

Maybe these cheaper prices will force service companies to frac for cheaper. The margins I've seen on some frac jobs are borderline criminal. There's a lot of fat (particularly for some of the bigger players) that can and should be trimmed. Better yet, maybe these lower prices are what's needed to spark some ingenuity on how to produce these wells in a more cost effective manner.
        Last edited by JMalin; 11-30-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

There's a whole more to the chemical industry than oilfield chemicals. From the absorbent in diapers to a polymer framed glock pistol, and everything in between. And I never said it was going to explode, only that it will keep on trucking.

Comment

You just like stirring dontcha!

Comment

Do you realize to tout "growth" in a given industry the same industry can't crash that grows?

If the oilfield crashes, trucking will crash.

Maybe the guys and trucks that lost work might start hauling something else, But it will be items that have tight profit margins and will not be getting premium rates like they are right now in the oilfield.
              Yeah, there's gunna be no more 18 wheelers on the road if producing oil in the eagle ford isn't economically viable. Do you really believe this?

Comment

Starting to get a little borderline mental with the responses in general.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                  Maybe these cheaper prices will force service companies to frac for cheaper. The margins I've seen on some frac jobs are borderline criminal. There's a lot of fat (particularly for some of the bigger players) that can and should be trimmed. Better yet, maybe these lower prices are what's needed to spark some ingenuity on how to produce these wells in a more cost effective manner.
                  I hate to have to say it but I agree with you on this and I actually think it will force them to trim the fat. As long as that's all they have to do many will keep working and at the worst take a little pay cut.

Comment

Profits aren't only bad but their criminal I tell you! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I hate to have to say it but I agree with you on this and I actually think it will force them to trim the fat. As long as that's all they have to do many will keep working and at the worst take a little pay cut.
                      That's how any business/industry on the planet works.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        It's not just what workers are being paid to sit around doing not much of anything. I've seen what we bill for the chemicals used on these jobs and know what they cost us. I don't know how we got any work charging what we did. It's like the whole frac service side is in cahoots. Wireline is a different story. It's cut throat out here.
                        Last edited by JMalin; 11-30-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          That's how any business/industry on the planet works.
                          I'm not arguing that

I'm just hoping that's all they have to do to keep going and it doesn't come from drastic cuts in the form of large layoffs

Comment

Now these statements are true. I own a small service company and got lucky enough to get in. I got the jobs and am making money not loosing. When I started seeing what companies were charging for the same work it was scary.

Comment

It's not just what workers are being paid to sit around doing not much of anything. I've seen what we bill for the chemicals used on these jobs and know what they cost us. I don't know how we got any work charging what we did. It's like the whole frac service side is in cahoots. Wireline is a different story. It's cut throat out here.
                              I know but with less being charged for chemicals employees will get paid less in order for that company to keep their higher profits as long as possible. They won't take the hit for the employees but just the opposite.

You should see a directional invoice to see some waste but until they can do it theirselves they will pay it. Personally I'll take a little less if it means the difference in working or not. Heck the big boys already charge more than us and pay their employees a lot less.

Comment

I want to respond so bad but I will keep reading. You have no idea what you are talking about. I understand that you do not own a business based on your responses. I honestly feel that you are trying to rile up the masses. If your current POTUS had not implemented all those taxes to pay for something that will never work maybe, just maybe the prices would not be as high.

I would like to give a shout out to CAPITALISM and the American Dream!

Comment

Working...
                                X