Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
    A bull is a lot bigger than a pig
    My bad.......He said bull......I read pig since we were talking about pigs.

Comment

My sons first pig was killed in a trap with his .177 air rifle. We gave him first shot thinking we’d have to finish it off with a pistol or bow. One shot dead between the eyes at 10 yards.

Pig went stiff legged like a looney toon cartoon and feel over dead. Me and my buddy looked at each other and said “did you video that?” Of course both our phones were in our pockets.

Comment

i've killed hundreds in pen traps with a .22lr. every one up to 160 pounds was dead where it stood.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
          i've killed hundreds in pen traps with a .22lr. every one up to 160 pounds was dead where it stood.
          Same here. Never had a issue. Right in the head-dead. Sat em down on the spot.

Comment

How’s wife you been talking about this with???

Comment

Angle of the shot is everything. I've killed a bunch of hogs, a Bull, and a Donkey with a 22lr Perpendicular to the forehead.
              Dead Center of the "X" from Ears to Eyes. Makes a .22 diameter hole and drops like a sack of wet turds.

Comment

My family butchers or own beef and pork, and have over 50 years. We use a 22 lr to put them down in a cattle trailer from 15 /20 ft. Steers up to 1200 lbs drop in their tracks. Pigs as described above , steers a line across from top of eyes then up 3/4 to 1”. I have been watching YouTube videos today of pig trappers using sub sonic out of rifles with silencers shooting over 20 pigs. Just have to hit them in the right spot.

Comment

It's been my experience that a pig willing to stand still and let me draw imaginary X's on its face will usually just take it's clothes off and jump in the pot if I ask real nice.
                  For the other pigs that won't be still I prefer a high power rifle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would think a cheap ammo fmj 9mm would be a good choice for multiple pigs in a trap. Never done it but it would definitely have more stank on it than a sub anything. Why do some of you guys use subs for this anyway? Just asking, is there a purpose for quiet rounds for this? No experience here.. curious though, we might be setting up a trap at our place.

Comment

I have gone to 9mm Cheap FMJ on hogs buta 22 Mag with FMJ will work in the right spot ... Others will say a 22 LR is good but I din't like multiple shots in the "Sweat Spot" to effectively kill.. Some folks this is OK but any animal deserves a quick humane Kill ..

Comment

I’ve killed a pile of hogs in a trap, of all sizes with a 22lr between the eyes.

Comment

cheapest 22LR you can get in the right spot will do them in. Shoot em, drag them out of trap and under a good oak then slit the jugular to bleed out. Tree will benefit from blood and when bled easier to process IMO

Comment

I've ear holed a hog caught in a snare 6 times with a .22lr and each time I shot he'd just shake his head and hit the end of that snare. One bullet penetrated the skull. The only reason I know is because I have the skull.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              I've ear holed a hog caught in a snare 6 times with a .22lr and each time I shot he'd just shake his head and hit the end of that snare. One bullet penetrated the skull. The only reason I know is because I have the skull.
                              It will do the job...........sometimes.

I still prefer the suppressed .45acp.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                Angle of the shot is everything.
                                This X2.

Comment

Working...
                                X