X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody hunting it this week?

Comment

Originally posted by lagunaduck View Post
      Thanks Jmsck12. Looks like rain on Friday, so I plan on using an old ground blind. Everyplace else I have hunted, I have used a tripod...so this might be interesting. I don't have experience in a ground blind, but would think the animals would spot it easily and be too scared by it. Will try it, though. How are the roads if it rains?

How did your hunt go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife and I got drawn for January 11-14. Any help or tips are appreciated. How tall of a tripod is needed this year? I've read through some older posts and this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
          My wife and I got drawn for January 11-14. Any help or tips are appreciated. How tall of a tripod is needed this year? I've read through some older posts and this one.
          Depends where you set up but you would be good with a 6 or 7 foot tripod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
            Me and a buddy are driving down from California to hunt those days. Hit me up if you get something big down and need a hand packing it out, I'll pm you my contact info.

Comment

Sounds good. Thank you. Pm returned.

Comment

We are hunting the Jan 4-7. Anyone else hunting that weekend?

Anyone know of any Rv spots close to the hunt area??

Comment

Gateway rv park in raymondville

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                    We are hunting the Jan 4-7. Anyone else hunting that weekend?

Anyone know of any Rv spots close to the hunt area??

I’ll be down there then as well. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
                      I’ll be down there then as well. Looking forward to it!

I'll be there too. I'm headed down the 2nd to scout for a few days.

Comment

Anybody have recommendations for processors in the area?

Comment

D.i.y.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                            D.i.y.
                            Do you suggest that because of bad experiences with local processors?

I normally processes everything myself, but I'm driving 2,000+ miles to do this hunt and would like to spend as much time as possible hunting.

I plan on having to skin, quarter and debone anything I get down in the field.

I was hoping there was a local processor I could pay to keep meat in a cold storage, or pay extra $$$ for expedited processing and have it frozen, instead of just having boned out quarters it in ice chests in the back of my truck for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by nickstone View Post
                              Do you suggest that because of bad experiences with local processors?

I normally processes everything myself, but I'm driving 2,000+ miles to do this hunt and would like to spend as much time as possible hunting.

I plan on having to skin, quarter and debone anything I get down in the field.

I was hoping there was a local processor I could pay to keep meat in a cold storage, or pay extra $$$ for expedited processing and have it frozen, instead of just having boned out quarters it in ice chests in the back of my truck for a week.
                              There is one in San Manuel off hwy 281. It's not too far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I used Rudy's processing right there in Raymondville and had a good experience but it did take a while. Rudy seems like a nice guy, met me at his place on a Sunday morning after my son shot his Nilgai. Got a discount for paying with cash too when I picked up the meat. The jalapeno cheese sausage was really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X