No announcement yet.

Need tornado shelter recommendations – Dallas area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to hear more details about this! I have 3 small mobile home parks that need a shelter, but I have to figure a way to get it done less expensively than a commercial variety. Can you get me a contact for who built them or even some pictures? This sounds like a good option! Thanks , Jay

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
    I know a couple of folk (family) who used those black plastic water tanks set in the ground attached to horizontal anchor points with air vents and a hatch exposed above ground. They both keep a battery sawz-all and drill in there for cutting their way out if need be. Its about 10 feet behind the back door.

It was fairly low cost for even the backhoe and concrete work.

I personally believe it would withstand.

Comment

When we built our house twenty years ago, I had a bricklayer build a 10'x12' storm room in my shop. Made of concrete blocks with 5/8ths anchor bolts in the slab, two in every block. I welded 5/8ths rebar onto that as he laid the blocks. Every third run of blocks has a 3/8ths rebar horizontally tied to the vertical bars. Blocks are filled with concrete and a 6" concrete top poured on it. Peace of mind has no cost, only value ! The insurance will take care of the rest......

Comment

Working...
      X