• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honduras is a septic tank

Along with the rest of Central America

IMHO

Comment

my brother has a couple of acres for sale there (Roatan) if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
        my brother has a couple of acres for sale there (Roatan) if anyone is interested.
        How much?

Comment

I spent spring break in Roatan on a mission trip three weeks ago. Great place. I never felt unsafe and the people are generally very welcoming. Just don't go to the wrong places at the wrong times like anywhere. I am no expert on the resort setting because we didn't really focus on those areas but I would have no reservations in making a trip. I don't dive but some of our team does and they say it is top notch. Fishing is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rickgarcia76 View Post
            How much?
            I'm not sure as I haven't talked to him about it for a few years, but him and his wife were planning on retiring there, but I think that their plans have changed somewhat.

I will ask him and pm you with details if that is ok.

Comment

I once dropped my sunglasses in a job site port-a-can.....the whole experience was better than the day I spent in Roatan.

Comment

Snorkel in West Bay. You walk in from the beach straight to the reefs. Better snorkeling than what I found in Cozumel and Belize. Freaking awesome.

Comment

Been there 3 times and loved every trip. Roatan is completely tourist and safe. Plenty to do.

Comment

I spent 8 days in Roatan in 1981. It was before it got all touristed up. Had soldiers at each corner in town. The people were some of the most friendly I have seen. We roamed around and never felt like we were in danger. Even though most all the Central American countries were at war with each other.

Comment

Roatan is a tourist destination, albeit a good trip. If you want something a little/lot more toned down in pace. Puddle jump over to Utila.

Comment

We just got back from Roatan and it is one of our favorite places in the world! But No civilization left there so you probably should not go. There is high crime and muddy waters. I would compare it to a certain wildlife refuge in Texas (no deer, hard hunting, terrible experiences)

Comment

You can return back to the states via one of the caravans. It would be quicker than flying, and they will feed you well!!!

Comment

It's fine
                            My friend is almost done building his house there. Still very safe...although dont put yourself in a situation ..just use common sense when out in evenings.
                            I'm heading to Nicaragua soon and just keep to the areas that are the safer ones

Comment

Stopped there once on my Navy Ship. We had to take penecillin due to malaria chances prior to pulling into port. Idk why anyone would want to go to this place. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                                Stopped there once on my Navy Ship. We had to take penecillin due to malaria chances prior to pulling into port. Idk why anyone would want to go to this place. Lol
                                One of the girls working where we stayed had malaria. We had to have the shots before we left stateside. The diving there is some of the best in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X