Traditional FSC Week 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 19

Sometimes in real hunting situations, you're faced with plenty of time to shoot an animal who has no idea you're there. So, it should be simple enough to just shoot and hit the bullseye, right? What if you're not sure how the animal is exactly situated and there is no obvious "crease" or shoulder and the angle is awkward. The challenge is pinpoint target acquisition when there is nothing evident to shoot at.

For this week's challenge, get a plain piece of 8.5x11 paper. From 15 yards, shoot one arrow at a point halfway up, two-thirds of the way to the right of a landscape-oriented blank piece of copy paper. After the shot, see how you did by folding the paper in half lengthwise, then in thirds. Measure the nearest edge of your arrow's hole to the intersection of the mid-point and 2/3rds right-hand fold. Shortest distance from arrow to intersection wins next week's call. Good luck.

BTW, This is not at all theoretical; it's simply the closest I can come to conveying the thought process I personally used in making a downward, hard-quartering-away shot on a big hog today.

It occurs to me that it may be helpful to trace around the arrow while it's still in the target to aid in measurement after pulling in order to make the folds. To be clear: the folds are made AFTER the shot to test how well you could estimate vertical middle and two-thirds to the right of the piece of paper (oriented "landscape" or horizontally on your target butt).

Comment

A little embarrassed to post this shot on my own call, but I will: 5/16" Beat that!

Time to quote Arnold Palmer: "The more I practice, the luckier I get."

[IMG]
      https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/2d8dd5fdd82e3fe4f74861731cdb0376.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by tradtiger; 05-07-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Ellis, I tried ta beat ya.

Didn't do it.

Rick

P.S.
        I really need to repair the center of my target butt.
        Attached Files

Comment

Two fine shots thus far.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting guys!!

Comment

4 1/8”
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Looks like right at an inch.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely kill a pig with that, Gary!

Comment

About to post a new challenge...

Comment

Working...
                    X