Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
    If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.
    How did you come up with this?
    Would I be wrong in assuming you are under the age of 25?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      I have worked around tons of union workers and they were the laziest bunch of workers I have ever seen. Always whining about this or that. I have and will always have a job better than any union can get for me. I earn my paycheck. I just don't show up when I want and expect a check.
      I have observed the same thing. We hire union workers in ship yards cause we have to. Constantly have to stay on there a×@. If they feel rushed in any way they just shut down and nothing gets done. It goes against everything I was ever taught growing up. Work hard to get where you want and be rewarded. Not be lazy and do just enough to keep your job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        How did you come up with this?
        Would I be wrong in assuming you are under the age of 25?
        I asked this because I met a few Electricians who travel around the country for different jobs. I'm sorry if I'm not knowledgable like you guys on the issue. I don't know how the oilfield area works. Excuse me for not knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
          I asked this because I met a few Electricians who travel around the country for different jobs. I'm sorry if I'm not knowledgable like you guys on the issue. I don't know how the oilfield area works. Excuse me for not knowing.

So you 25 or 26???? LOL....

Comment

Had an old customer from Cotulla come in last week. He has had a little hotel/motel there for 20+ years. Before the "boom" there were 4 hotels in Cotulla. The "boom" brought TWENTY more. Now they are all empty. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
              Had an old customer from Cotulla come in last week. He has had a little hotel/motel there for 20+ years. Before the "boom" there were 4 hotels in Cotulla. The "boom" brought TWENTY more. Now they are all empty. Crazy.
              When I first started working in Cotulla you had 4 choices of where to stay. Then it went crazy and now it is dead again. Makes you wonder if those bigger hotels are gonna lose their butt with that many empty rooms. Not to mention the amount of trailer/RV parks that opened up.

Comment

That town **** sure went crazy on hotels!!!! It's unbelievable how many are there now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  You chaps have any links that I can refer to on any of these US to Mexico / NG projects??

I'm hearing some chatter about the Brownsville ship channel getting dredged to handle the upcoming project to liquefy the NG similar to what's coming up in Bay City & La, but not much on projects of NG heading to Mex.

Thanks!!
                  Don't know anything, I just hear office talk, a few news reports, and watch the trains. There's been a lot of big pipe going west for the last few months, about 40 rail cars came through this afternoon loaded up and for some reason this post popped into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                    So you 25 or 26???? LOL....

Comment

I feel sorry for you guys getting laid off. I have friends who work in the main office of a oil company in what I would call mid management positions. , I will not name the company. But as you guys are getting laid off & taking pay cuts, they are still taking high dollar hunts & watching games from suites paid for by vendors. I will be curious to see if they get their yearly big bonus this year. Have any of you ever thought some of the bigger oil companies are in on this with the Saudies to push out their smaller competitors & come back here in a few years with a bigger share of the market? Just a thought, don't crucify me ..

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                        Have any of you ever thought some of the bigger oil companies are in on this with the Saudies to push out their smaller competitors & come back here in a few years with a bigger share of the market? Just a thought, don't crucify me ..
                        Not likely, most of their smaller competitors are more like subsidiaries. The smaller companies are operating properties on a 49% basis with several of the large companies with very small holdings of their own.

Comment

The Saudi's are running huge deficits, and are starting to cut subsidies from their people. The people in Saudi Arabia are like piglets on a tit, and they are going to start squealing now that they have to pay more money for gas and goods that used to be subsidized. We will see if their government caves to the pressure of their peoples squealing. If they do, they only way to right the ship is to raise the price of oil, which means a cut in production via OPEC.

Its going to be interesting to see how this develops......

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post

And every one of them doubled or almost tripled their prices.
                            They crapped on the hunters who were their primary income for years to chase the oil money.
                            You had to book a room 6 months in advance, only to find out they "lost" your reservation when you called 2 weeks prior to confirm.

IMO, the hotels are no better than Cheaper Than Dirt when they gouged their customers simply because they could.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
                              And every one of them doubled or almost tripled their prices.
                              They crapped on the hunters who were their primary income for years to chase the oil money.
                              You had to book a room 6 months in advance, only to find out they "lost" your reservation when you called 2 weeks prior to confirm.

IMO, the hotels are no better than Cheaper Than Dirt when they gouged their customers simply because they could.

Yep it was pitiful ! We would pay 250 a night for a hotel that would be lucky to get 75 a night.

Comment

Yep, they wanted $570 a week in Kenedy. I pulled the horse trailer to a park in town for $130 a week.
                                While calling around the folks that turned the back ten acres into rv parks were getting desperate. One guy I think texted me every week trying to get me to move my trailer to his park.

Comment

Working...
                                X