Suzuki Samurai vs. Geo Tracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Samurai vs. Geo Tracker?

Why all the hype about Suzukis? I don't think I've ever seen a Geo tricked out as a ranch/hunting truck. Are there some major differences between them that cause this? I'm not slamming Suzuki by any means, just curious why they seem to be more popular.

Don't think you can get a Tracker in 4X4

Comment

yes they do make tracker in 4x4 and most of the trackers i beleive are fuel injected, only the last year of the sami is fi. i would think the tracker would work the same.

Comment

trackers come in 4x4 my parents had one that they pulled behind their motorhome, but everything is more expensive an harder to find for them as they werent mass produced in 4x4 like the sami's. sami's are also easier to fab pieces and parts for

Comment

I stand corrected...

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
            Don't think you can get a Tracker in 4X4
            I have two of them. I have one tricked out to hunt and the other is not. Parts are hard to find and they are way more expensive if you can find them.

Comment

I had a 95 Tracker 4x4. It had a 3" body lift, auto tranny, 31"x 10.50 mud tires. It was a little beast. I used to call it the "Flea". I stripped everything out of it except for the two front seats, shifter, beer holders and the steering wheel. I made my doors so they would lift off like a Jeep, built the front bumper, light bar, and rear bumper. The Tracker has a bigger engine, it's fuel injected, etc. I does however have an indepenant front suspension which really limits your wheel travel for crawling over rocks and such, where the Sammy has a solid front axle which works better for offroading. I used the crap outta my Tracky and it went ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE I wanted it to. I never had any complaints. I really kick my self in the @55 for selling it. Here's a couple of pics of it. I miss this little rig.

Last edited by txstringbender; 05-26-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                Parts are hard to find and they are way more expensive if you can find them.
                Actually I found a place to get parts and they were really reasonable. The guys that work there were really helpful too. They had all my Tracker parts seeings that a Tracker and a Sidekick are the exact same car. Here is the website.

Low Range is your one stop shop for all Toyota parts and accessories. This includes everything from Transfer case gears, lockers, bumpers, suspension, and more! If you don't see it here, please let us know! We can help get the parts you want at unbeatable pricing. This is for FJ Cruiser, 79-95 Hilux, Surf, Prado, Pickup, Tundra, FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, and 4Runner 4x4.Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by txstringbender View Post
                  Actually I found a place to get parts and they were really reasonable. The guys that work there were really helpful too. They had all my Tracker parts seeings that a Tracker and a Sidekick are the exact same car. Here is the website.

http://www.hawksuzukiparts.com/
                  Man, sweet looking Tracker!

Comment

You cant go wrong with either.

Benefits:

Sammy - Solid front Axle = Better rock crawler

Tracker/Sidekick - independent front suspension = smoother ride
                    Automatic
                    Fuel injected

Comment

I used to drop this thing in 4 low and drag huge trees back to the campsite so we could cut them up for firewood. It never got stuck in the mud. I think the tires were literaly big enough to float it on top of mud. This was the coolest rig I ever had. It ran perfect drove well, fit into tight spots. I sold it to buy a 4 wheeler. I have since sold the 4 wheeler and have nothing. I hate that I don't have it anymore. I loved this thing and put lots of work into it.

Comment

I had a Suzuki Sidekick with a Highrack. That thing was so dang smooth on the rock.. Independant rear suspension, nice comfy ride inside, Auto Trans, quiet as a Church mouse. Wish I still had it.

Comment

http://www.hawksuzukiparts.com/
                          Thanks for the site I should be able to put it to good use with my ride!

Comment

I had a 95 Tracker 4x4. It had a 3" body lift, auto tranny, 31"x 10.50 mud tires. It was a little beast. I used to call it the "Flea". I stripped everything out of it except for the two front seats, shifter, beer holders and the steering wheel. I made my doors so they would lift off like a Jeep, built the front bumper, light bar, and rear bumper. The Tracker has a bigger engine, it's fuel injected, etc. I does however have an indepenant front suspension which really limits your wheel travel for crawling over rocks and such, where the Sammy has a solid front axle which works better for offroading. I used the crap outta my Tracky and it went ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE I wanted it to. I never had any complaints. I really kick my self in the @55 for selling it. Here's a couple of pics of it. I miss this little rig.

Thats a sweet looking tracker. My uncle had one before he passed, and i always thought about it baing a hunting rig!

Comment

I have a 98 sidekick and love it/ I haven't done anything to it and it does great in Sonora. It gets rocky in some areas but it's no problem with the Zuk!!

I'd still rather have a Sammy though. They are more configurable since parts are easy to get. I love the short wheel base you can get around really well in the wood with these.

Comment

Working...
                              X