Processors---location and Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
    Dan's Smokehouse off Harwell Lake Rd is good.
    Thanks

Comment

I've known Wesley all of my life, he is a stand up guy.

Comment

Just picked up the first load of the season yesterday from Hudson's in Austin. Great people, price is tolerable and results are consistent. And you get the bonus of checking out the freak show that is South Congress!!

Comment

Bellville Meat Market in Bellville. And I hear rumor that they have bought some land in Brookshire so those of you traveling I10 will be even closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            Texan Taxidermy and Processing in Tomball
            17413 FM 2920
            Tomball, Tx
            Great Processing and taxidermy work
            X100000000000

Comment

I've never taken a deer to a processor, might try Hudson's since it is the closest to me. How exactly does it work?

Morning kill take gutted deer to them right after field dress? Night kill take quarters to them in a cooler the next day?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Did you try any of there stuff? It puts every place near Houston to shame. I definitely am bringing my meat there.
                Im going to check them out for sausage and sticks. I do my own for everything else but my sausage isnt great.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                  I've been using CCR for over 20 years and no complaints. Started back when they were Syracuse and had their first shop in flower Mound. The jalapeño cheese sausage is the bomb?
                  Ask for some habanero this year. Ohhhhh to the m and the G!!!!!

It's an off menu item. You have to ask for it.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                    I've never taken a deer to a processor, might try Hudson's since it is the closest to me. How exactly does it work?

Morning kill take gutted deer to them right after field dress? Night kill take quarters to them in a cooler the next day?
                    Pretty much. We take almost everything quartered to save a couple bucks and because I like to let them drain a day or two.

Comment

My Kitchen... jerky smoke rings dried sausage chop steaks very similar to kleins burger and steaks. Never had a bad run and the price is right.

That said I have had product from Rhodes and Bernhardt both were good and I would use them if I needed too

Comment

Located near Westhoff, Texas in DeWitt County.

Buesing Processing
                        2226 FM 2816
                        Westhoff, TX 77994

Owner: Chris Buesing

PM me for number....His sausage recipe is out of this world. REALLY GOOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Hudsons in Austin

Kleins in Boerne. They own both. Both are amazing.
                          I usually take mine to Miiler's in Llano. Other than being an aggie, Bryan is a great guy and the results are great. If it is cold enough to not be in a hurry, I will take one to Hudson's every year or so. Great stuff and hippies and hipsters alike may weep at the bloody tailgate and carnage. I had a pedestrian call me a "F'ing Neanderthal" as I dropped one off a couple years ago--made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                            Hunters Creek Processing in Liberty Hill. Started going to Cole 2 years ago on a recommendation from a friend and I have been very pleased so far.

4892 N HWY 183 Liberty Hill, TX 78642
                            (512) 778-6008
                            I tried them and weren't too impressed with the link sausage. It was very fine ground hotdog like consistency. I prefer the course ground German type sausage. They probably can do both I just didn't know I had to ask for it. Summer sausage was ok. The rest was good with no complaints. I want to try their venison tamales but haven't yet.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                              Any good ones around Weatherford area?
                              Originally posted by CP121 View Post
                              Dan's Smokehouse off Harwell Lake Rd is good.
                              I will second this. Dan and his family are good people and will do you a good job. The meat sticks are the bomb and his tamales are really good.

It's also pretty convenient that he's only about two miles from me.

Comment

My kitchen
                                Conroe, Texas
                                5 Stars

Comment

Working...
                                X