No announcement yet.

Hacks,tips and how to ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When traveling in bear country it is advisable to carry a .22 pistol.In the event of a bear attack it wont stop a bear but if you kneecap your hiking partner with it then you can walk leisurely away. The same tactic can be used when trespassing.

Comment

The TBH form of Hints from Heloise?

Comment

When cutting aluminum plate with a skilsaw,after you scribe your line spray the scribed line with WD40. It will cut like a hot knife through butter.

Comment

I was needing a cleaning table for deer & hogs, and came up with the idea of buying one of those plastic topped tables from Sam's. I've been using it for years, and it's all cut up on the top. If the wife needs to use it for something, she just throws a tablecloth on top of it.

Comment

Quick sawhorses are made by screwing a couple of boards to the bottom of a couple of pallets.

Comment

A welding blanket under a tent floor will extend the life of the tent. The cheap ones from Harbor Freight work well. I like for it to extend a bit and makes for a dry spot to put your boots, etc.

I use a small tupperware for tent, blanket, hammer, and stakes...I also upgrade to thick metal stakes (also cheap at Harbor Freight).

Comment

When you plant a tree or plant around your house, create a small berm around it so that it collects water centralizing it over the root ball. It'll take less water since you won't get run off. After a year or two the berm will erode away and everything will be level again.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                  When cutting aluminum plate with a skilsaw,after you scribe your line spray the scribed line with WD40. It will cut like a hot knife through butter.
                  Or you can use a candle. Wax will make it do the same thing. You can also put wax on a sanding pad when using an orbital or other power sanding equipment when sanding aluminum. Even grinding disk. It helps keep the particles from clogging up the disk and pads. Works on band saws too when cutting soft metals.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Screw an old hacksaw blade down on the edge of your workbench with a washer under each end as a spacer. When you need a small piece of sandpaper, slide a sheet under the blade and pull for a clean cut.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                        I was needing a cleaning table for deer & hogs, and came up with the idea of buying one of those plastic topped tables from Sam's. I've been using it for years, and it's all cut up on the top. If the wife needs to use it for something, she just throws a tablecloth on top of it.
                        Extend the legs with 1" PVC pipe. The PVC slides over the legs, and brings the table to a more usable working height. This really saves the lower back.

Comment

1 1/2" pvc cut to 3' with a 45degree and a 20degree elbow on one end and a rubber reducing coupling on the other work wonders for attaching to your leaf blower to clean gutters from the ground. Do it before you mow and mulch it all up with the mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always save the cords off of broken vacuum cleaners ect. Works great for trailer lights and any other accessories being added to a vehicle. They are already water proof and it makes for a clean install instead of having random wires running every which way.

Comment

Rub your forehead with two fingers then rub the oil onto a new light bulbs threads. Makes them easy to screw in and keeps them from sticking and breaking off next time.

Comment

Use the ball on your hitch to to take off muddy mucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X