Best UTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best UTV?

Which of the UTVs is considered the best for hunting purposes, including lots of mud?

Ranger

Rhino

Mule

etc.

Todd

Ranger hands down. Mule is good if your roads are in good condition, other than that it will beat you to death. The Rhino IMO is way too loud.

Comment

ranger......

Comment

Love my Ranger.....

Comment

The rhino is smoother riding then the ranger IMO,but the ranger is a beast when it comes to working.
          If i had to choose(and had the money) i would buy a ranger but the rhino would be a close second.

Comment

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

All about needs.

A Ranger is a great asset, it will haul a lot of gear but is rougher than a Rhino. It is also much larger and if you are in the woods or used to running an ATV down your trails, you will have to make some wider trails.

Regarding mud, I would go with the Rhino as the Ranger is a heavy beast and the Rhino is nimble.

I have a Rhino and love it but I am in the woods a lot with smaller trails & tighter turns. Hands down there is far more gear/mods/lifts/accessories for the Rhino. You can tailor the Rhino to your specific needs.

Now, if you are looking for 4 seats, you are limited to the Ranger and that unit is huge. I have seen the Rzr 4 seater and it is very sweet but it is more of a recreation UTV than a working UTV as there is not really any cargo space at all.

I have left the Mule out all together, I have a buddy with one and it is slow, heavy and gets stuck a lot even with mud grips and a 2" lift.

Price wise, shop around, I wanted the Ranger Crew but no dealing on the price when I was buying in December 2008. I got a great deal on a Rhino and I love it. It is not for everyone but I do not need to load 1,000# of corn and run the roads filling feeders so I don't need a Ranger either.

Comment

Ranger

Comment

Ranger...

Comment

I only have expieriance with a Ranger and a Mule. Mule is tough, but would be my second choice. Ranger for me

Comment

Check out the Kubota. My uncle has one and we've put it through heck. Its been through all kinds of mud and trails, he has the diesel one and it has power to spare lots of torque. They even make ones with a full cab with a/c and heater if thats your kinda thing. We have mules at the deer lease and i can say that i have personally driven a two wheel drive mule with a high seat rack in the back loaded with five adults through fender deep mud with no problems. Its not the worst mud ive been through but i was impressed that we didnt get stuck. The rhino is the fastest "big UTV", accept for the new arctic cat which ive heard goes like 75 mph or something crazy like that. Also the Rhino only has bucket seats in front which rules out riding three deep without extra seats in the bed eating up cargo space. Everyone that has a Ranger likes it so it has to be pretty good but i have no experiences with that one. Just my $.02

Comment

Anything made by Bad Boy

Comment

My buddies all run Rangers and from my experience with them I'd say they would be hard to beat. We did not have a good experience with our outfitters Kubota in the New Mexico mountains... Where we put it and where it failed, the rangers would have eaten its lunch. Personally if I could afford it and was in the UTV market, I'd take a hard look at the Honda. I think they call it Big Red (but you can get it in green and camo too, I think). That will probably be my next offroad vehicle. They are quieter, and.... ITS A HONDA....

Comment

I've been debating the same thing my self. Going to buy either a Ranger Crew or Mule 4010. I know a guy who owned a cycle shop for years and he said a Mule if 10X more reliable than the others as fas as breaking down/dependability. So lately I've been leaning towards Mule 4010, but after reading this thread I may be taking another look at the Ranger Crew before I buy.

Comment

I have had a Rhino and currently a Mule. The Rhino was fun but not really a workin vehicle. Speed was not an issue with my decission for the Mule. I have put it thru all sorts of stuff and it keeps on going. Rarely do I put it in 4wheel for mud and have yet to totally lock all 4 in with the differential. It just goes and 6 people or more is not a problem. If speed is a necessity, then get a ranger but I am more than happy with my Mule.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2093.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	23923908

Comment

Working...
                              X