No announcement yet.

Makita vs Dewalt vs Milwaukee vs Ridgid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i most have bought an "old" dewalt with the lithium ion battery 18 months ago because my little impact driver has been a work horse from wood screws to metal to 4"lag bolts even 1.5" paddle bits through 2" wood over and over,,, no battery problems or lack of power, i would by another in a heart beat if this one ever breaks... heck i even used mine with paddle bits to drill holes in liveoaks so i could screw in tree steps, never counted how many holes but we put up three lock on's and used screw in steps for all of them and never changed or charged the battery
    i have had several craftsman battery tools and will never by another of them, over priced short life and none of them held up to recharging

Comment

I had similar questions and went with Ridgid. Very happy.

Comment

I'm another that srews on a lot of metal on buildings and I have tried them all. I've been using Makitas now for a the last 3 years and they have lasted. That's more then I can say for the other brands except for Milwaukee. One of my guys has one and it is very good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
          Bosch lithium drills for me.
          I have them all. I prefer my Bosch's over the rest.

Comment

Can't beat Milwaukee. Plus they are the only ones with a heated jacket. That's gotta mean something lol

Comment

Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt in that order for cordless, I am a big fan of corded DeWalt tools.

Comment

My family is in the body business and have always used makita. Those drills have been top notch for twenty years. I like the others also, but IMHO it is hard to beat Makita.

Comment

I own a home theater company and I use my drill all the time and I use Makita

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by pistolpete View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken, ridgid has lifetime warranty, including batteries.
                    Yep-and for home use probably OK but getting replacement batteries/chargers/tools isn't as simple as walking into the store and swapping them out.

Comment

Just bought a ridgid framing nailer, and the 5 tool cordless set from HD. haven't put them to the test, will let you know what I think next wk after I finish a job.

Comment

I vote Makita. At the company that I used to work for, we used drills and cordless impacts all day every day. We had makita, dewalt, and ryobi, and the makitas out performed the others hands down.

Comment

Even the old Dewalt's can burn up. I have 2 of them, had both rebuilt and about to take them both in to get rebuilt a second time... Matters if you use them. Mine have done a lot of work.

Also, down to 2 batteries But, again after a several years of use. Could use a few new drill bits too!

Use = around the house, around the deer lease, and also work (when I supported offshore operations).

Comment

Had great luck with Makita and Porter Cable

Comment

For 95% of the people any of them would be ok, but I would choose Makita first, Milwaukee second. Clutch on the Makita is better IMO. Each company has a tool in at least 3 different levels($100, $200, and about $350), so be sure to compare same level of each.

Comment

Just ordered a big Makita set for my maintenance guys based on this....

Comment

Working...
                                X