Hyper-partisanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyper-partisanship

Interesting charts that show the increasing polarization in America since 2004. They confirm my observation that too many people have fled the political center and become annoyingly liberal or conservative. There is also some interesting commentary about how the Democrats should try to earn back “white working class” votes, or whether they should bother trying at all.

Democrats Are Playing Checkers While Trump Is Playing Chess

Meh. Truth is, liberals are frustratingly hypocritical and there's no doubt that there are annoying conservatives, but it's the annoyingly arrogant centrist that really **** me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
      Interesting charts that show the increasing polarization in America since 2004. They confirm my observation that too many people have fled the political center and become annoyingly liberal or conservative. There is also some interesting commentary about how the Democrats should try to earn back “white working class” votes, or whether they should bother trying at all.

Democrats Are Playing Checkers While Trump Is Playing Chess

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/o...ing-chess.html
      One thing for sure the dems have no desire for the white working class vote.
      Theres a reason they scream amnesty every 5 min. And why they wanted unlimited " refugee's ) allowed in. There is a deeply partisan divide in the country and i believe it has a lot to do with Nancy pelosy and harry reid. Before their rise to leadership status there was much more working together in gov.
      Since their partisan leadership was established the American people have seen a relentless assult on our freedom, religious beliefs, American customs and history. Theres no doubt this would create a larger and larger devide

Comment

Cable News.

Sorry "News"

Comment

Tribalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
            Tribalism.
            Oh no you didn't!

Comment

This is the exact way the people who really run things want it. Us against them, my side against your side. If we are fighting against each other we won't be fighting against them.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Oh no you didn't!
                Push the sarcasm aside and he's right. I see hyper-partisanship and political tribalism weighing heavily on America. Politics has become too much of an all-or-nothing game, in my opinion. Unfortunately, centrists are stuck watching liberal and conservative zealots engage in ideologically-fueled, uncompromising political warfare, stoked by the media and orchestrated by puppet masters pulling the strings of their tribal bases.

Andrew Sullivan wrote an interesting piece about this last month.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...tribalism.html

I agree with him on this point. It's become almost impossible for me to go a day without seeing proof of it -

One of the great attractions of tribalism is that you don’t actually have to think very much. All you need to know on any given subject is which side you’re on. You pick up signals from everyone around you, you slowly winnow your acquaintances to those who will reinforce your worldview, a tribal leader calls the shots, and everything slips into place. After a while, your immersion in tribal loyalty makes the activities of another tribe not just alien but close to incomprehensible.

Comment

Push the sarcasm aside and he's right. I see hyper-partisanship and political tribalism weighing heavily on America. Politics has become too much of an all-or-nothing game, in my opinion. Unfortunately, centrists are stuck watching liberal and conservative zealots engage in ideologically-fueled, uncompromising political warfare, stoked by the media and orchestrated by puppet masters pulling the strings of their tribal bases.

Andrew Sullivan wrote an interesting piece about this last month.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...tribalism.html

I agree with him on this point. It's become almost impossible for me to go a day without seeing proof of it -

One of the great attractions of tribalism is that you don’t actually have to think very much. All you need to know on any given subject is which side you’re on. You pick up signals from everyone around you, you slowly winnow your acquaintances to those who will reinforce your worldview, a tribal leader calls the shots, and everything slips into place. After a while, your immersion in tribal loyalty makes the activities of another tribe not just alien but close to incomprehensible.
                  I can put the whole country into three distinct groups for what you are speaking of.

Group 1 Politicians/Special Interest Groups/Media
                  This group are all liars and pit the country against each other so they can further their agenda. They know what they are doing and they are evil.

Group 2 Those that believe what Group 1 is telling them and separate into your tribes and fight fight fight.

Group 3 Those of us enlightened enough to know that Group 1 is full of **** and that Group 2 has bought the big lie hook line and sinker.

The unfortunate thing is that Group 2 is probably the vast majority of the populace. I would bet 90 plus percent.

Comment

I can put the whole country into three distinct groups for what you are speaking of.

This group are all liars and pit the country against each other so they can further their agenda. They know what they are doing and they are evil.

Group 2 Those that believe what Group 1 is telling them and separate into your tribes and fight fight fight.

Group 3 Those of us enlightened enough to know that Group 1 is full of **** and that Group 2 has bought the big lie hook line and sinker.

The unfortunate thing is that Group 2 is probably the vast majority of the populace. I would bet 90 plus percent.

Spot on, Sweet. Group 3 here. I cannot speak for everyone but there are at least few on this sub-forum I know who are like me and don't subscribe to either Party and their buffet table of BS. I don't watch cable news and I don't read blogs, Facebook or Twitter. My views are all mine. I call balls and strikes and if that steps on toes, so be it. I guar-own-tee one thing, "tribalism" plays no role in how I form opinions.

Comment

Tribalism.

Spot on, Sweet. Group 3 here. I cannot speak for everyone but there are at least few on this sub-forum I know who are like me and don't subscribe to either Party and their buffet table of BS. I don't watch cable news and I don't read blogs, Facebook or Twitter. My views are all mine. I call balls and strikes and if that steps on toes, so be it. I guar-own-tee one thing, "tribalism" plays no role in how I form opinions.
                      Yep. True liberty loving patriots to the true founding of this Country are completely unrepresented. Both parties are so far off base its disgusting. As a whole we have lost all concept of freedom and liberty. The fact that we are so partisan is proof. Loyalty is to the man or the party. Both parties are heavily authoritarian. No matter which we choose, the result is the death of liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
                        This is the exact way the people who really run things want it. Us against them, my side against your side. If we are fighting against each other we won't be fighting against them.
                        .........hopefully more folks decide to understand this very simple ploy.
                        Lordy.......YES, YES, YES!!!
                        Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Yep. True liberty loving patriots to the true founding of this Country are completely unrepresented. Both parties are so far off base its disgusting. As a whole we have lost all concept of freedom and liberty. The fact that we are so partisan is proof. Loyalty is to the man or the party. Both parties are heavily authoritarian. No matter which we choose, the result is the death of liberty.
                        Grand Slam sir.........clear the bases!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X