Protests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protests

What are the facts in the Stockley/Smith case? I must have missed this one.

The usual from what I understand. Judge and Jury came to a conclusion, people didn't like it. So they burnt down a bunch of stuff and stole some TVs.

Comment

From what I have read, prosecutors allege the officer planted the gun after he shot the guy. The officers fingerprints were on the gun and the dead guy's fingerprints were not. Also, during the pursuit the officer was recorded saying "I'm going to kill this MFer'" I do not know the rest of the story - what the defense presented.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        From what I have read, prosecutors allege the officer planted the gun after he shot the guy. The officers fingerprints were on the gun and the dead guy's fingerprints were not. Also, during the pursuit the officer was recorded saying "I'm going to kill this MFer'" I do not know the rest of the story - what the defense presented.
        This is what I have read as well.

Comment

I've had little experience with the news media but from what I know, they will embellish when prudent for their story or will lie to push an agenda. If these proclamations were recorded, why haven't we heard them? Reason being, strife is good for selling subscriptions and gaining viewers. A justifiable shooting and acquittal is boring nowadays. If these recordings exist, I believe the news media would be on it like coons on a corn feeder.

Comment

They said what he said was taken out of context. From what I understand he said it while in the middle of a high speed pursuit.

Comment

The recordings were played in court apparently - the defense maintains it was a "heat of the moment" thing he said during the pursuit. The defense must have had some convincing counter-evidence for him to be acquitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                They said what he said was taken out of context. From what I understand he said it while in the middle of a high speed pursuit.
                Is there one single guy on TBH that wouldn't say something like that if chasing someone on a high speed pursuit risking people's lives?

Comment

When in LE I was brought in for something similar. The arrest was text book. I was boarding a ship and we were assaulted at the top of the gangway which is a bad position to be in. The ship had dumped its oil cargo so was sitting high, a good 45 to 50 foot drop to the concrete or rocks below. Anyway guy was unharmed and cuffed while standing so never even dropped.

On the ride back I made the comment that I wanted to whoop his ***. Obviously I didn't as he was unscathed. Internal Affairs and everything came in for it, what a **** show. Bottom line is its not a crime to say what you would like to have done or want to do, only your actions matter in court.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Is there one single guy on TBH that wouldn't say something like that if chasing someone on a high speed pursuit risking people's lives?
                    Nope. I'm sure everyone one in this site has said that about one person or another.

Comment

here is the police video and the bystander video they didnt know was being recorded. im not stickin up for the guy, because, he ran from the police. but the evidence doesnt look good for that cop, clearly went back to their police suv, went through a duffle bag, then sat in the driver seat after they pulled the guys body out of his vehicle. i read somewhere that the guys dna or fingerprints werent even on the gun supposedly found in the car, only the officers,(dont know how credible that is tho)

Comment

It would suck to be a LEO these days. From the outset, the media did what they always do. They didn't post a pic if him slingin' drugs on the corner, they posted a pic of him with his angelic child.

I didn't see the cop pull a gun from a bag. What if the cop was retrieving latex gloves because of the blood? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? What I saw was a career criminal commit two more felonies in trying to make his escape. Perhaps, he was on parole and a pistola under the seat meant another long stint in the penitentiary.

So, the cop's DNA was on the gun. With the temp my wife likes to keep my house, I sweat while combing my hair. That's not an adrenaline laden high speed pursuit. I bet the cop was sweating bullets. All it takes is a spec of sweat or saliva to find his DNA on anything. From what I'm seeing, there's no case for a bad shoot. Does it look good....not really but that's not illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                          https://youtu.be/FmJk3V8Dsck

here is the police video and the bystander video they didnt know was being recorded. im not stickin up for the guy, because, he ran from the police. but the evidence doesnt look good for that cop, clearly went back to their police suv, went through a duffle bag, then sat in the driver seat after they pulled the guys body out of his vehicle. i read somewhere that the guys dna or fingerprints werent even on the gun supposedly found in the car, only the officers,(dont know how credible that is tho)
                          Yeah, Im 100% pro LE but....... When messing with the bag it appears as if he positioned his body to block the camera view. At about 9:14 when he gets in the vehicle everyone appears to purposefully look away or walk away. Then as he exits and walks away he adjusts "himself" like maybe there had been something in his pants but now there isnt. Just speculation of course.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Yeah, Im 100% pro LE but....... When messing with the bag it appears as if he positioned his body to block the camera view. At about 9:14 when he gets in the vehicle everyone appears to purposefully look away or walk away. Then as he exits and walks away he adjusts "himself" like maybe there had been something in his pants but now there isnt. Just speculation of course.

Brough it's been settled as fake news media hype already lol didn't you read that the cop was just overheated from the adrenaline and a little sweat or drool landed on the gun? And he sat down in the driver seat just to do normal cop stuff you know, the other cops just had other cop stuff to do, just because he said "we're killing this mf'er!" While chasing him and then he actually did doesn't mean anything, that's just the mind control don't be a victim of it!lol that LEO is innocent until proven guilty which makes him the judge, the jury, and the executioner right there on the spot! And that guy driving....they just showed the wrong picture of him on the news he's definitely guilty....he was guilty waaaay before he even got pulled over. With his record, im sure they would've treated him just like everyone else. The fact that they paid a 900k settlement to make the case go away means nothing either.

That was sarcasm.

After reading a little more on it, I found out the guy was a heroin dealer and they found some in the car. Having heroin addiction directly affect my family....I say **** that guy im glad he's off the streets.
                            But Leo's are not above the law, I'm glad they are there when/if I need them, but if there's no accountability for this kind of thing it's gonna make everyone fear them more than most already do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And ofcourse they use he wrong picture, how the hell are they supposed to get a picture of him actually dealing drugs? That would be evidence and the news probably wouldn't be able to have access to that especially if the city paid the family a few years ago to make the case go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X