muleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muleys

Anyone had any luck hunting muleys on public land ?

Any state in particular?

Comment

Sry in tx mainly but any state is fine

Comment

Utah, Idaho, Colorado, NM, AZ, MT what kind of hunt are you looking for? High country? Rut hunt? Etc

Comment

Originally posted by BowHuntOrDie View Post
          Sry in tx mainly but any state is fine
          I dont believe there are any opportunities to hunt Muleys on public land outside of the draw system. If that is what you were referring to, there are several on here that were successful in this.

I have yet to be drawn in 5 yrs of applying, and I figure I have many more years to go before actually having a good chance to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
            Utah, Idaho, Colorado, NM, AZ, MT what kind of hunt are you looking for? High country? Rut hunt? Etc
            It dont really matter to me im just wanting to hunt a mule deer buck haha

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
              I dont believe there are any opportunities to hunt Muleys on public land outside of the draw system. If that is what you were referring to, there are several on here that were successful in this.

I have yet to be drawn in 5 yrs of applying, and I figure I have many more years to go before actually having a good chance to draw.
              Oh reallly i figured there would be at least one place you didn't have to draw anything but i guess not

Comment

My wife shot this buck while 8 months pregnant back in November. Unit 40 New Mexico. Not a lot of folks harvest deer in this unit because of how flat and difficult it is to hunt it. We both shot muleys...mine was a small fork so i'll keep the pics to myself!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drube75 View Post
                  My wife shot this buck while 8 months pregnant back in November. Unit 40 New Mexico. Not a lot of folks harvest deer in this unit because of how flat and difficult it is to hunt it. We both shot muleys...mine was a small fork so i'll keep the pics to myself!
                  awesome deer man

Comment

Do you have to be drawn for Lake Meredith? I didn't think you did

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                      Do you have to be drawn for Lake Meredith? I didn't think you did
                      X2.... I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Meredith is only place I am aware of you can just go hunt mule deer without being drawn as far as public goes...

Comment

Draw or no draw questions can be answered by visiting each state's Division/Department of Wildlife site. If you want to analyze your probability of a successful draw in an area, you'll need to look into historical data that has been broken down into the individual units (or counties). I know Colorado shares all of this information (tags applied for and tags granted) as well as CWD data for each unit.

I've gone in Colo, Utah, WY, and Missouri. Each state has it's own system and laws.
                          Last edited by tigerscowboy; 01-20-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

yep

Comment

Originally posted by BowHuntOrDie View Post
                              Oh reallly i figured there would be at least one place you didn't have to draw anything but i guess not
                              If you just want to go Idaho has and OTC tag you can purchase. Montana has leftover tags each year in July. Everything in CO is draw. I'm pretty sure everything in NM is draw as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X