2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Yes. But the first one you draw will result in your loyalty points going to zero, so that will make it less likely to be drawn on any others in that category. It's still possible though.
    I'm not sure they reset the points on the first draw unless you have some inside information. It doesn't seem like my kids would have drawn three YDE hunts at the same time. I attributed to them having seven points in that category. Or they are really luck. The same with the three other deer hunts they drew with two of those being management hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      I'm not sure they reset the points on the first draw unless you have some inside information. It doesn't seem like my kids would have drawn three YDE hunts at the same time. I attributed to them having seven points in that category. Or they are really luck. The same with the three other deer hunts they drew with two of those being management hunts.
      I was just basing it on what it says here: https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...y-points.phtml

But it's hard to tell what they mean for sure. It could be read that you get your pre-drawing points in all hunts in that category. No question, if you are drawn for at least one of them you're points go to zero, but whether that affects your points in other hunts in that category during the current year's drawing isn't clear, I guess. You could read what they wrote either way. ??

Comment

I was just basing it on what it says here: https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...y-points.phtml

But it's hard to tell what they mean for sure. It could be read that you get your pre-drawing points in all hunts in that category. No question, if you are drawn for at least one of them you're points go to zero, but whether that affects your points in other hunts in that category during the current year's drawing isn't clear, I guess. You could read what they wrote either way. ??
        Thanks for the info Shane! They need to clarify this paragraph better.

•They will apply equally to each application you submit within that category. For example, if you have 5 Loyalty Points in the Gun Deer – Either Sex category and submit applications at the Kerr WMA, the Chaparral WMA, and Garner SP, each application will be assigned 5 Loyalty Points. If you win the hunt at Garner SP, all of your points in the Gun Deer – Either Sex category will get reset to zero.

It seems to contradict itself. If I'm only drawn for Garner my points go to zero OR do my points go to zero if I'm drawn for Garner first?

Comment

Your points go to zero if you're drawn for sure. But whether they go to zero before they finish drawing the rest of this year's hunts, or do you keep all the points in all of this year's drawings whether you're drawn or not is the question. I don't know.

Comment

Your points go to zero if you're drawn for sure. But whether they go to zero before they finish drawing the rest of this year's hunts, or do you keep all the points in all of this year's drawings whether you're drawn or not is the question. I don't know.
            Yeah, and sometimes they draw more than one hunt at a time, I believe. That would further complicate things.

Comment

So the Million Dollar question for me is are they going to draw on Friday 12th for Archery or are they going to do like they did several times last year and wait until Monday 15th around 2:00 P

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Ironman View Post
                So the Million Dollar question for me is are they going to draw on Friday 12th for Archery or are they going to do like they did several times last year and wait until Monday 15th around 2:00 P
                I wouldn't be holding my breath for Friday. Lots of entries for Exotics, Archery Deer, and Javelina, and sometimes they draw one hunt at a time. Last year, I could literally stay logged into "Check Status" and see each one of my hunts change to second draw until I got to the last hunt I had to draw in October, and I got it.
                Last edited by grizzman; 08-10-2016, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Got my fingers crossed for Devils river, or caprock

Comment

I spent $50 in application fees this year, hoping to come away with at least 1 opportunity...then i'll have to figure out time off work but no need to put the cart before the horse

Comment

Got my archery deer apps in.

Comment

What does pending 2nd draw mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite13 View Post
                          What does pending 2nd draw mean?
                          It means that you didn't get drawn but might be able to be drawn if someone doesn't send in their hunt permit fee. Long odds but some have done it.

Comment

So it will show 2nd draw if you don't draw, and what will it show if you do draw on the check status page?

Also, does applying as a group help at all with odds? Thanks.

Comment

If you're drawn, it will say so on the check status page. Also your loyalty points in that category will go to zero, and you'll get an email to let you know that you were drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamphunterfw View Post
                                Got my fingers crossed for Devils river, or caprock
                                Me too. Palo Duro would be sweet too.

Comment

Working...
                                X