No announcement yet.

Pole Feeder...Here you go Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone has more coons than we do on the Junco. Frankly, I've never seen a coon on one of my poles. The new Remington directional will be very hard for a coon to get to and a deer or cow can't get it's tongue in the slot. I think it will be the berries for my directional feeders.

Why directional? I move these around a lot. To use a regular slinger, the feeder will have to be centered in my shooting area. That makes anything behind the feeder shielded by the feeder. You KNOW where the deer you're wanting to kill will go, right? By using a directional feeder, I can put my pole feeder to one side, aim it where I want the deer to go and let the corn sling right there. No interference from the feeder and the corn will be angled or parallel to my blind and the deer can get right where I want them.

Comment

Do you support the feeder with the PVC? and that is what is slipped over the conduit that is over the t-post?

How much weight is in the feeder?

Comment

It's a 15 gallon barrel and it holds 100 lbs. When using the Straight Shooter, I could run the feeder for 15 seconds, make lots of noise, and the feeder would throw twice a day and last two months. With the Moultrie, I throw 4 seconds, twice daily, and it will last just over a month.

The T post supports the EMT. The PVC slides over the EMT and supports the feeder. I've tried several designs, but I like this one the best.

Comment

with the Moultrie, you're throwing about 3/4 of a pound a throw... or about 1.5 pounds a day? Don't sound like much... but if it works... it works I guess.

I do like the design...

Comment

I don't use it to fatten them, just to give them something to come by every day and get a bite. When I'm there, I hand feed along with the feeder. I basicly turn it yellow. When I get to the ranch, I can hunt this spot the first morning and feel pretty good that I'm going to see something because the pole feeder had given them a reason to come by. I use it as a mobil hand feeding station. A spot like this, I'll run it all year because there's a lot of deer that come through here and I want them to check it out when I'm not on the ranch. They do.

Find a deer by chumming or camera. Pop up a blind and set up a pole feeder. It keeps them coming and I'll probably kill the deer I'm after.

Comment

How do you have the PVC attached to the barrel?

now, if I can figure out how to drive a t post more than 4 inches into the hill country ground...

Comment

Look at the third picture. It shows the back of the feeder. I drilled a big enough hole on the outside of the PVC for a socket and my drill to fit. I then drilled a smaller hole big enough for the bolt on the other side. I drilled corresponding hole into the barrel at the ridges and bolted the PVC to the barrel in those two places. I also used Marine Goop silicone to seal the holes.

Only way to drive them in by hand is with a post driver. My brothes welded a big ol weight on ours and if you can lift it off the post, it'll drive them through almost anything. LOL

Comment

thanks Doc.

Comment

Working...
                  X