Upper end bino question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper end bino question

I have several pair of vortex. I think my newest ones are 12x50 viper hd. Nothing wrong with them but I am thinking about going to some better quality glass. I have terrible eye sight so extra magnification comes in handy. Do I still need to go high mag if I switch to better glass ? Also was thinking about getting some range finding ones. It saves me from having to carry my range finder and binos.

Leica HD 10x42 R probably the best, you can get for around $1850, I have the Vortex Fury HD and have no complaints.

Comment

Swaros!

Comment

Leica's
        Watch Euro Optics web site you can get some really good deals on demos.

Comment

I have the swarovski 15x56 binos and love them. If you want a range finer/ bino then zeiss has a good set that i have used that are cheaper than the swaros

Comment

Spent last year behind vipers. This year I’m behind 10x42 razors. It’s a huge upgrade

Comment

I have a pair of Swarovski EL 10x42 and love them but I wish I would of gone with a 12x.. as far as the range finder goes I didn’t want ranger finding because I didn’t want to mix electronics/technology with my bionos that I plan to keep forever..

Comment

If'n I was a gun hunter I could see the need to look at deer at long distance but for bow hunting and looking at deer under 100 yards and most of the time under 50 yds the cheap $100 Bushnell Excursion 8x28 bird watchers I have been using is all I needed for the last 10-12 years. I have some big ol Nikon Monarch 10x50s that I haven't even picked up for years now.

Comment

Spend your money on Swaros or Leicas. I bought my last glass 15 years ago and have not had to replace them.

Comment

I bought some Zeiss Victory Rangefinder 10x50 binoculars last year after selling my Svarosvski 10x50’s without RF feature. Felt they were too heavy. Zeiss or any Europe glass high end binocs are heavier than most US brands, but man the glass is primo.

I tried a guide’s Leicas RF binocs on a Nebraska hunt. Liked them too. But he’s the one who recommended Zeiss.

Comment

Thing about high end binos is even for bowhunting, I can see animals and horns at my bow blinds with the binos before I can see them with the naked eye and see if they are a buck or doe and what the horns look like. Also, your eye strain is going to be less if not eliminated with high end binos. I have the Swaro 10x42's SLC. Their warranty service is top notch also. Had to use them about 3 times.

Comment

I like the idea of a bino rangefinder I just know that if you are spending a lot of time glassing the extra device installed will begin to fatigue you. I checked out Nikon's LaserForce bino rangefinder at SHOT Show and I was impressed with it. MONARCH glass and the rangefinding is quick and easy to read. Every person I showed the LaserForce to liked everything about it, not one negative comment. For my use I prefer Nikon's MONARCH 7 or new HG bino's. The HG's with their filed flattener will go up against any bino on the market. I own Euro bino's and they haven't been out of the safe since I started using the HG's. Definitely worth taking a look at and they are under a Nikon promo right now for $100 off. Here's a pic of what I take to the blind. Nikon's 7iVR rangefinder has worked great for me. The Vibration Reduction has worked in all conditions and never failed me. Nikon's second generation stabilized rangefinder, the MONARCH 3000 Stabilized works much faster, farther and fits the hand better, I just haven't used one in the field.

Comment

I had the swaro El 10x50 with the newer swarovision glass and the swaro el range 10x42. I like the Leica Geovid HD-B the best of the 3 and sold both swaros. The new swaro el with swarovsion Glass was a VERY very close 2nd to Leica. The el range were not on par with other swaro glass, I read the glass is changed in the el range model due to the range finder in it. I used all 3 binos at the same time for a year and a half in the field. No in store demo opinion here

Comment

I think you will be ok on the magnification and I personally like having separate rf/bino. I do a lot of archery spot and stalk, so its alot easier to use a rf than trying to dig out the bino and range with one hand. EL and a Leica rf here...I went with the best of both worlds.

That being said, call Doug at camerlandny....he posted a leica geovid for cheap that was a demo.http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforu...D49/14181.html

I'm really tempted to call and see if they still have it...wouldn't mind having it for a dedicated rifle hunt system.
                            Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I recently purchased 10x42 EL's and love them. I prefer the 10x42's size and weight compared to the higher power binos. I would have went with Leica's if Swaros weren't an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X