Sports Radio in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
    Compared to 15 years ago, Houston sports radio sucks these days.

The best time I can remember was the early 2000s on sports radio 610. Morning drive was Lance Zierlein and John Granato. Afternoon rush hour was Charlie Pallilo and Rich Lord. Those two shows dominated during that time.

Also, it's not just the host these days. It seems that callers are rarely given the time of day unless they stay on hold for an hour or more. Actually, very few segments even include a caller. It used to be that callers of the show made up like half the segments.

Not to mention, the subject matter is all over the place and many of the host have a problem just talking sports. I literally can turn on 610 in the morning and not even hear the previous nights Astros score for half an hour.
    Lance and John were the best!! Slocum on the mobile... Can't remember the guys name that was on a bicycle and would call in... Funny times!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      I'll listen to Lance Zierlein anytime. He's had some classic stuff over the years, especially when 1560 was independent. SEC Guy, Slocum on a mobile, Tony the Hatchetman Valentine. The years where he and John Granado had their show were the best. Granado's Spanish Milo Hamilton was freaking hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
      Agreed,

Slocum on a mobile was the best ever

Sportsradio 610 in Houston, TX. Caller with a regular morning segment in 2002, impersonating Texas A&M football coach R.C. Slocum.

Ranchdog

Those were great segments!

The Hatchetman's Lock of the Century of the week was great radio.

Comment

I like 790 until 11:00 am. Pretty much becomes troll the listener radio after that.

Comment

I used to love sports radio, but I can't stand it anymore. Lance and Matt are okay in the mornings, but Lance hasn't really worked well with any of his partners on 790 and it makes for a tough dynamic. Their decision to let Charlie Pallilo go was awful and I refuse to listen to Josh Innes. I wish Charlie would come back, he's far and away the best in Houston radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
            Lance and John were the best!! Slocum on the mobile... Can't remember the guys name that was on a bicycle and would call in... Funny times!
            Just hit me, Gilbert was his name!

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter83 View Post
              I used to love sports radio, but I can't stand it anymore. Lance and Matt are okay in the mornings, but Lance hasn't really worked well with any of his partners on 790 and it makes for a tough dynamic. Their decision to let Charlie Pallilo go was awful and I refuse to listen to Josh Innes. I wish Charlie would come back, he's far and away the best in Houston radio.
              I thought Charlie was an idiot too.. but at least he talked sports....

Comment

For a city the size of Houston it is a shame how bad their sports radio shows suck.

Comment

My favorite show is Capt. Mickey Eastman with the outdoor show.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                    Innes is an idiot!!
                    X a million!!!

I miss Charlie Pallilo! I didn't always agree with him but he always came with facts...Innes is just a baby... whats really messed up is his ratings are worse that Pallilos!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      X a million!!!

I miss Charlie Pallilo! I didn't always agree with him but he always came with facts...Innes is just a baby... whats really messed up is his ratings are worse that Pallilos!!
                      Way worse. I think he actually has the worst ratings in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Way worse. I think he actually has the worst ratings in Houston.
                        Yea..them letting Pallilo go was a sketchy deal, he was let go at his highest ratings...

Comment

Stream The Ticket (Dallas). Problem solved.

Comment

610 is pretty good most of time imo.

Comment

That has been bothering me ever since you mentioned that guy. Couldn't figure out his name no matter what I google searched. Thank you.

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah that was his name anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X