No announcement yet.

2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 yrs. here, drawn one time. I have put in for about 15 to 18 hunts per year. Pretty sad.

Comment

I zeroed today too. I have managed to draw one time in 13 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
        Yup 8 years zero draws for me. I'm done with Texas. I can draw prime areas in Montana and Wyoming every 2-3 years. My home state I can't draw anything.
        This is because Texas has less public hunting land than any other state. High demand, low supply. The same thing will happen in the western states if all this federal land transfer non-sense goes through.

Comment

24 down and 4 draws left. time to start hitting up more property owners.

Comment

Anyone get picked for a NF doe permit?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              System is broke

Big time ^^

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                System is broke
                Yes it is big time. I'm done spending my money in state. It's easier and cheaper to go out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by B Littleton View Post
                  This is because Texas has less public hunting land than any other state. High demand, low supply. The same thing will happen in the western states if all this federal land transfer non-sense goes through.
                  I agree. Other factors I think include the rising interest in hunting means more people are applying every year and the how the internet makes info about Public Hunting more available. The old way, you had to request the catalog the first time, then they would send you one every year. But it's the only way I got so I am stuck but have started to look at Western states I am learning about via podcasts and.........internet search

Comment

Originally posted by B Littleton View Post
                    Also because non-residents pay as much as residents for the same odds of winning.

Only state I know of where this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      Anyone get picked for a NF doe permit?
                      I got an Antlerless at DCNF.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                        Also because non-residents pay as much as residents for the same odds of winning.

Only state I know of where this happens.
                        I am finding this out the hard way. A few states I looked into require you to buy the non-resident hunting license before you can apply and in Colorado, if you don't win, you get your fee refunded minus "admin charge". Montana non resident is $1,001 for elk/deer license.

Comment

Originally posted by EatemUpCats View Post
                          I got an Antlerless at DCNF.
                          Has it come in the mail yet?

Comment

Anyone know when the deadline is for buying permit for 2nd draw?

Comment

Originally posted by southsider View Post
                              Anyone know when the deadline is for buying permit for 2nd draw?
                              It should state online. Or call TPWD

Comment

Another round of deadlines today. Hope to get an winner email in the next day or two!

Comment

Working...
                                X