X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on the long actions?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
      So does that mean asking about another group build for those of us too hard headed to get in on this one would be bad timing?
      Nope. It means that whatever it ends up being in the future will either be in our inventory already, or be available from vendors with a solid history of meeting their delivery deadlines. I've got some ideas floating around for the next one

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        We received 10 short action bodies late last week. Which would be great if they had bolts The bolts were coming from another location and did not arrive with them. Hopefully they tried to deliver today(we're closed) and will show up in the morning. These should cover all of the remaining 7-08 and 6.5 CM builds. This was a failed attempt to "expedite" the short actions that were supposed to deliver later this week.......and the week before, and the week before....... We really appreciate everyone's patience and hope everyone knows we are doing everything possible on our end to get these things delivered. This has certainly been a learning experience for us, and I don't think we will likely do another group buy deal that is in anyway dependent on outside production schedules.

Thanks,
        Robert
        Alamo Precision Rifles
        Thanks Robert. I am assuming the short mags and longs are yet to appear as well?

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
          Thanks Robert. I am assuming the short mags and longs are yet to appear as well?
          The last word was that the short mags will be with the the remaining short actions coming this week. I simply can't get a straight answer on the standard longs.

Comment

The last word was that the short mags will be with the the remaining short actions coming this week. I simply can't get a straight answer on the standard longs.
            Thanks again! Sure you guys are frustrated!

Comment

Nope. It means that whatever it ends up being in the future will either be in our inventory already, or be available from vendors with a solid history of meeting their delivery deadlines. I've got some ideas floating around for the next one
              Would the next group buy possibly be using y'alls new actions? Kicking myself for not getting in on this one to have a 22 Creedmoor built.

Side note, I know a friend of mine had a 22 Creemoor built. Besides his were there many others?

Comment

At the range today. Will post results up when I’m done. First 5 down the tube and cleaned between each one. Ready to get some groups now. I have Hornady Black 140, Hornady 140 ELSM, Hornady 143 ELDX, and Federal 130 Berger Match. Hoping it likes one of these factory options before I start reloading for it.

I have 150 Sierra Matchkings, 143 ELDX to load, and some 124 Hammer Hunters on order to try. Now I just need to break down and buy a Chrono.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                  At the range today. Will post results up when I’m done. First 5 down the tube and cleaned between each one. Ready to get some groups now. I have Hornady Black 140, Hornady 140 ELSM, Hornady 143 ELDX, and Federal 130 Berger Match. Hoping it likes one of these factory options before I start reloading for it.

I have 150 Sierra Matchkings, 143 ELDX to load, and some 124 Hammer Hunters on order to try. Now I just need to break down and buy a Chrono.

Checkout the magnetospeed. Great price and easy to use. Anyone know if there is any 6.5 factory ammo using the SMK 150?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                    Checkout the magnetospeed. Great price and easy to use. Anyone know if there is any 6.5 factory ammo using the SMK 150?
                    none that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      If anyone is having buyers remorse, seriously doubt that,or maybe some things have changed since ordering and would consider selling, let me know what you got coming. I'm really kicking myself for not getting on this. Kinda in the mood for 7RM but might be open to another caliber.

I've got an APR 6.5 creed built on a Rem 700 I'd sell.....shoots excellent with factory ammo and Dallas Reloads 143 gr ELD-X. I just don't have the time to dedicate to learning to shoot long range.

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
                        I've got an APR 6.5 creed built on a Rem 700 I'd sell.....shoots excellent with factory ammo and Dallas Reloads 143 gr ELD-X. I just don't have the time to dedicate to learning to shoot long range.

Send me pics and a price and I’ll check it out. Don’t think I want a 6.5 but maybe pics will change my mind.

Comment

We received 10 short action bodies late last week. Which would be great if they had bolts The bolts were coming from another location and did not arrive with them. Hopefully they tried to deliver today(we're closed) and will show up in the morning. These should cover all of the remaining 7-08 and 6.5 CM builds. This was a failed attempt to "expedite" the short actions that were supposed to deliver later this week.......and the week before, and the week before....... We really appreciate everyone's patience and hope everyone knows we are doing everything possible on our end to get these things delivered. This has certainly been a learning experience for us, and I don't think we will likely do another group buy deal that is in anyway dependent on outside production schedules.

Thanks,
                          Robert
                          Alamo Precision Rifles
                          Any word on if the bolts showed up?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                            Any word on if the bolts showed up?
                            They have not. Tomorrow I hope......

Comment

They have not. Tomorrow I hope......
                              Fingers crossed!

Comment

So here is the latest news from Chase himself.....

"Update is I am trying to have bolts there by end of week. I will have the 6 saum bolts and actions there Tuesday (that’s a fact) and worst case the other 308 bolts Tuesday (but I am trying sooner obviously)"

I know we have had the same update for quite a while now, so I can only hope that this one is accurate. That said, we have moved forward on our end to try to expedite as much as possible. The numbers on the actions have been consistent enough for us to feel comfortable pre-chambering barrels for them, so that is what we began doing last week with all of the short actions. We can't really go any farther in the process in case we need to make any minor adjustments to headspace later, but it should be a huge time saver once we actually get the actions in hand. Still no word on the standard long actions at this point. Again, sorry for the delays but please know we are doing everything in our power to get these builds delivered.

Thanks,
                                Robert
                                Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X