• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    A name suggestion I saw............AggiesDaddyville
    Winner!!!!!!!!! We have a Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
      Wow. Does anyone who lives in Austin take offense to most of these comments? Geeze guys lighten up, we are all Americans and most importantly Texans...maybe the liberals are right about Trump creating a separation in this nation. ...and before anyone starts, I’m a strong republican

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      Agreed. I don’t hate a single part of this great state and my parents taught me better.
      As one who has been lived in/around Austin most of his life, I don't take offence at all. Think some of us are just sick/tired of the SJW mentality that is seeming taking over this country. While I don't 'hate' anyone I am very angry at what I view as the undermine of this country. If renaming confederate items were the only thing going on .. I would think it stupid but shrug and go on (exception is renaming cities ... just learned this today) .. but it isn't

Are they Americans? I guess but one of the items I've heard those of liberal mentality state is "we are world citizen" .... um NO ... I am a citizen of the United States of America ... as such my concerns are to protect the interests and safety of this country before any other countries .. including allies however you define them ....

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Martin Luther King sexually abused white under aged girls on a regular basis. He even had a second family with a mistress that his wife didn't know about. Any calls from the women rights groups to rename MLK streets and monuments?
        While I know King slept around quiet a lot, I've never heard anything regarding him committing multiple acts of child molestation and couldn't find anything about it on the internet. Do you happen to have a link to this info?

Comment

[QUOTE=Burntorange Bowhunter;13513988]Sorry guys. All Texas major cities and their counties voted blue. They are all full of libtards. The reason Austin seems to be leading the way is the **** mayor is one of the Californians. It's still alot better large city to visit or hang out in than the others......as well as east and west Texas. Talk about armpits. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using

My thoughts exactly

Comment

Changing history by denial or revision is somewhat scary. We should remember that in Orwell's 1984, the lead character's job was to rewrite history books to align with the latest status of the new regime. The problem with all of this denial is that the lessons of the past are forgotten. If nothing happened there is nothing to learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
              Wow. Does anyone who lives in Austin take offense to most of these comments? Geeze guys lighten up, we are all Americans and most importantly Texans...maybe the liberals are right about Trump creating a separation in this nation. ...and before anyone starts, I’m a strong republican
              Are we not allowed to voice an opinion if it offends someone in Austin? That mentality is a strong part of why this country is so divided. Heaven forbid someone get their feelings hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                Are we not allowed to voice an opinion if it offends someone in Austin? That mentality is a strong part of why this country is so divided. Heaven forbid someone get their feelings hurt.

There is a difference between voicing your opinion and throwing out childish one liners. All you gotta do is post a thread with Austin in the title and the same 10 people pop in to trash our capital and add nothing to the conversation. Sometimes it feels like y’all forget that this Awesome city is full of great people. Unfortunately 2 zip codes run the show. And the whole dang state sends there weirdos here to protest, make the news and then go home. Back to your small towns and cities. We ain’t perfect here in ATX but we have fun doing it.

-------------------------------
                Violence never settles anything
                -Genghis Kahn

Comment

There is a difference between voicing your opinion and throwing out childish one liners. All you gotta do is post a thread with Austin in the title and the same 10 people pop in to trash our capital and add nothing to the conversation. Sometimes it feels like y’all forget that this Awesome city is full of great people. Unfortunately 2 zip codes run the show. And the whole dang state sends there weirdos here to protest, make the news and then go home. Back to your small towns and cities. We ain’t perfect here in ATX but we have fun doing it.

-Genghis Kahn
                  yep, it's sad... Austin was a great town; but it seems like every libtard around roost there.
                  I don't suppose all Austinites are the same; but is one weird little town.

Comment

And they just keep pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by bill in san jose View Post
                      next they’ll be banning straws like sf. Libtards, all if them.

Just say no.
                      [ATTACH]917618[/ATTACH]

Comment

-Genghis Kahn
                        Well put, Stoof.

Have been here over 25 years, and things have definitely changed. I still argue against trying to re-write and revise history -- both here locally and throughout the nation. This is not strictly an Austin issue. Here's an idea: instead of being "politically correct", how about trying to just be "historically correct"?

Comment

It should be named California, Texas

Comment

Let's move the Capitol of Texas to Vidor!

Comment

Did any of y’all read the article and note that the name changes that have already happened were opposed by the majority of individuals and proprietors that lived on those streets.
                              I will admit we have a government problem. Not a people problem. I did not get to vote for an office of equity. That is about the dumbest thing I didn’t know existed here. Uhg.

-Genghis Kahn
                              We DEFINATELY have a people problem.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol...funny thread. I know a bunch of people who live in and around Austin and all say it has went to hell and has gone to ****. Yes, Austin WAS a great place but the Austin of yesterday is never coming back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X