• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

224 Valkyrie or 6.5 Creed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
      Deer, hogs and hopefully antelope
      They all work. Pick the one with the easiest to find factory ammo if you don't reload. But, honestly pick the one that makes you heart skip a beat when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
        I have a 25/06 sendero and it’s a tack driver and a 270, 30/06, 243, 223, 30/30, 300short mag, 22 hornet, and probably a couple more in the safe. Out of those rounds the 25/06 and 270’are my favorite. I’m having a hard time deciding what other caliber to go with. I don’t reload but one day I might, how much better is the 6.5x284 than my 25/06? Farthest I’m comfortable killing a animal is 400yrds because that’s the farthest I have practiced. So what would be a good caliber that I could kill with up to 400-500 yrds but maybe do some long rant shooting past 500yrds?

Don’t overlook the .260 Remington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be back in for this lol

22-250 or 204 for a good varmit/ popping a doe in the neck round?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Never owned a 204, but I love my Tikka 22-250. Shot a doe in the neck a few weeks ago and dropped her. Shot a few hogs and a coyotes as well and have not had to track anything. I can only imagine an APR in 22-250 would be a bad @$$ gun.

Comment

Joined the club yesterday. Ordered a 7-08, black stock with gray web, sniper gray cerakote and 22" barrel with spiral flute. Will be my first custom gun and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                Joined the club yesterday. Ordered a 7-08, black stock with gray web, sniper gray cerakote and 22" barrel with spiral flute. Will be my first custom gun and can't wait to get my hands on it!
                You will love the 7mm-08! My good friend has a Christensen he carries for clients to use when he guides. It has killed eland and elk to deer and all kinds of stuff in between. I had one built for my wife and stepson and it’s by far my favorite gun in the safe. It’s all we carry most of the time. We shoot barnes 120 grain ttsx out of it and everything dies.

Comment

I'd love a 204, but it just seems a waste on a custom to me. I think a CZ Varmint or Tikka Varmint (if you could find one) would fit the bill on a 204.

My thought on a custom 204 is that it's not a long range cartridge and a custom wouldn't take full advantage as another caliber would.

Comment

I have a 22-250AI that Robert built and it's pure poison.

We're I interested in a 20, I'd look at the Vartag. Search here and other places, it's a great little round.

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    I'd love a 204, but it just seems a waste on a custom to me. I think a CZ Varmint or Tikka Varmint (if you could find one) would fit the bill on a 204.

My thought on a custom 204 is that it's not a long range cartridge and a custom wouldn't take full advantage as another caliber would.
                    If I remember when the 204 came out, they were talking about 600 yard accuracy. What ever it's capable of, a custom will do it better... Perhaps it's weight, bullet use or precision shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      I have a 22-250AI that Robert built and it's pure poison.

We're I interested in a 20, I'd look at the Vartag. Search here and other places, it's a great little round.

If I remember when the 204 came out, they were talking about 600 yard accuracy. What ever it's capable of, a custom will do it better... Perhaps it's weight, bullet use or precision shooting.
                      Maybe so, but what would it's energy be at 600? Don't get me wrong, I seriously considered it myself, but for the price of a custom, I just couldn't justify it to myself in that caliber. To each his own of course.

Comment

Question on the Curtis action is the scope base detachable (screwed on)?

Comment

from what i understand, it is a one piece.

Comment

according to their websight, it's screwed and pinned on ... pretty sure it's removable

Precision 3 lug bolt action with a 60* bolt throw and standard Remington 700 footprint Receiver machined from one piece of 416 stainless steel DLC (diamond like coating) coated bolt. Available in BDL/AI configurations Includes screwed and pinned on 1913 accessory rail standard at 20 MOA. Includes double pinned recoil lug Side bolt release Rollerball tipped cocking piece to reduce drag Fire control system supplied by Greg Tannel Available in short action length Right and left hand configurations available M16 extractor .750” bolt diameter Spiral fluted bolt Bolt faces available in .390" (.223/300blk) .420" (Valkyrie) .450" (ARC) .480” (.308) and .540″ (magnum) Call or email for Complete DLC coated action (special order) All actions require a federal firearms license (FFL) before shipping. Please email FFL and include customer name to info@curtiscustom.com. Your action will be shipped to the address on the FFL. $25.00 flat rate shipping on all orders Dealer pricing available DISCONTINUED

Comment

I agree that the 20 cal is likely useless at that range as far as killing but can't really say.

I'd like a 20 myself but perhaps a 204 in an AR-15 for varmint's and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                                I agree that the 20 cal is likely useless at that range as far as killing but can't really say.

I'd like a 20 myself but perhaps a 204 in an AR-15 for varmint's and such.
                                Now that would be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X