Tuning guidance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 2- Five shots. Nocking high

Im gonna make some bold adjustments to my nock...down.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

You right handed?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

You should really use newspaper instead of construction paper. Construction paper is way too thick and stiff. Get your nocking point right first. Adjust till there is no up or down tear to correct nocking point. Then correct any sideways tears that are causd by spine.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 02-13-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          You right handed?

Sometimes he is! [emoji38]

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            You right handed?

Left. Right eye dominant... hence the dual shelf. I cc right side. My longbow is RHed. Im focusing on LH for this recurve and tuning...just feels more comfortable...for now.

Will do. Thanks Bisch.

Byron

Comment

I went down 1/4" ish increments...all the way to -3/16" top and -3/8 bottom. I noticed best tears wear between 1/8"t- -1/16b and 1/16t - -1/8b. Then split the difference at 3/32t and -3/32b. I laid the paper out and tried ovals...it didnt help. Then I drew horizontal and vertical lines through where I thought the center of the point and fletchings punched tears...it helped. Im at 1/8t - -1/16b...I got some real nice horizontal tears...not pictured...when my form held good. Im gonna go back up another 1/16 tonight.

Comment

Tuning guidance please

I can’t tell what I’m looking at in that picture, but you should have zero up or down tear. When you get to where you only have sideways tear (left or right) then start working on spine.

Sometimes (and I’m not saying this is the case here because I can’t see the tears good enough, and I did not watch you shoot) the shooter does things that make the tear go a certain way, and until that is fixed, he would never get the correct tear, no matter what adjustments he makes.

I’ll would also make a small wager that you are still way low. Most folks get it right in the 1/2” to 3/4” area, above square, for the bottom of the top nock set.

Bisch

Comment

Tuning guidance please

See if this does not help you interpret your tears while paper tuning:

Ignore that part where it talks about moving the rest. That is for compounds. And, if you are not doing so, use fletched arrows to paper tune.

Bisch

Comment

Ok here's my two Cents, most Trad Guys Don't Bare Shaft Tune. Get your Arrrow's Flying True Make sure its the Proper Weight, Check for quill contact with your Rest and don't worry about how the Compound Guys do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                      Ok here's my two Cents, most Trad Guys Don't Bare Shaft Tune. Get your Arrrow's Flying True Make sure its the Proper Weight, Check for quill contact with your Rest and don't worry about how the Compound Guys do it.
                      Okey dokey. I will take your two cents. Thank you!

Thanks Bisch. I didnt get a chance to adjust last night. Ill be away from the bow for several days too. I had some tears that showed nock low...I think Im close.

Comment

I kept getting this nock high pattern...no matter...up or down.

Then...

Comment

My arrow contact appeared on my glove. It took a good thump for me to notice.

Comment

I went from gripping here...

Comment

..to gripping here.

Comment

At a simmered 5/8" nock height I got these...

Comment

Working...
                                X