• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
    I love my job on the production side...
    the wells are only there because someone drilled them

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
      And they will produce day after day, long after the drilling is done.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
        And they will produce day after day, long after the drilling is done.

Yup. Y'all drill them good and we will keep them producing for years to come...looooong after the rigs are gone.

Let's all hope that the engineers and geologist keep finding the good stuff so we all can keep on keeping on.

The company I work for will never quit poking holes....once you stop doing that you've pretty much given up.

Cheers.
        Last edited by Skinny; 09-17-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Reminded me of an old thread...if I could just see into the future

Comment

I love my job on the production side...
            Been there and done that I won't fight you for it
            Yup. Y'all drill them good and we will keep them producing for years to come...looooong after the rigs are gone.

Let's all hope that the engineers and geologist keep finding the good stuff so we all can keep on keeping on.

The company I work for will never quit poking holes....once you stop doing that you've pretty much given up.

Cheers.
            Yea they will keep going eventually but slowdowns are part of it. If the rigs were just gone for good it would all slow down. Wells pump off and slow production after awhile and fewer and fewer pumpers and such would be needed. I've had several plugged while I was doing it.

I have good connections around home and last time it tanked I just went back to pumping but some aren't so lucky. The big drilling money will always come back but when is always the ??
            Last edited by bphillips; 09-17-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be saving some money!!

I am starting to see lots of the same really bad habits that left lots of guys in trouble the last time the work died off. I understand the toys and trucks thing and thats all fine and good if you have some good savings accumulated. I would hate to see some of you guys get in a big bind should the work be gone soon. I know many of you may hear "we have 10 years of work around here" because that is a common phrase but the fact is if oil ever drops so will the work. Just because the work is there doesn't mean it's worth going after to all the companies.

I give this reminder because I personally know of a couple guys with 100k+ salaries that have to finance furniture or TVs and even one that makes over 300k that never has a dime in his pocket.

Have fun but be careful fellas.

Rockin the 2 year old 125,000 mile Dodge 4Door Sport package that costed me $26K brand new.

Comment

It's great to see you "younger" folks aware of what can happen and looking ahead. I rode the "high life" for many years and all it takes is ONE loss of income and it can come crashing down with a vengeance. Put as much back as you can, enjoy some "perks" while you can and most of all....if you hate what you are doing, there is NEVER enough $$ or "toys." I'm thankful every day when I get in my PAID for '05 4x4 Avalanche that still looks new...vs the Biggest, Baddest, Loaded up with everything 4x4 I used to have. Oh, not having $800 payments a month is Greattttttttt!!

Comment

Please dear God just give me one more boom. This time I promise I won't ***X it all away.......

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                    It's great to see you "younger" folks aware of what can happen and looking ahead. I rode the "high life" for many years and all it takes is ONE loss of income and it can come crashing down with a vengeance. Put as much back as you can, enjoy some "perks" while you can and most of all....if you hate what you are doing, there is NEVER enough $$ or "toys." I'm thankful every day when I get in my PAID for '05 4x4 Avalanche that still looks new...vs the Biggest, Baddest, Loaded up with everything 4x4 I used to have. Oh, not having $800 payments a month is Greattttttttt!!
                    '05? High cotton! Im rockin a '98 jeep tj! But the wife and soon to be welped baby have a new rig, Lord please let me pay for that one.

Comment

I have seen many bust in the oil field since 1975. the most recent was in natural gas. Not to many drilling for nat gas @ 4.00. And oil price will come down, in fact the pipe line from Canada when its finally approved, I think will drop drilling for oil because of the large amount coming to the refineries. I got my wish, where please lord one more boom and I promise not to **** it off, has come and I don't think they can hurt me now. And I'm now thinking, will maybe they can Anyway the young guys aree not going to change, driving nice trucks and party hard

Comment

With the daily production of the wells in the EF, it seems if the price of oil did drop we'd still be good...crazy oil prod down there, as y'all know.

Comment

I don't even have a car!

Comment

Just work enough and you can buy all that stuff, pay it off and have a bunch stacked away!... Then just flip burgers till the next one comes around... That's my plan lol

Comment

65k pickup and escalade vehicles in front of 10k trailer homes is even better!

Comment

Originally posted by deer farmer View Post
                                I have seen many bust in the oil field since 1975. the most recent was in natural gas. Not to many drilling for nat gas @ 4.00. And oil price will come down, in fact the pipe line from Canada when its finally approved, I think will drop drilling for oil because of the large amount coming to the refineries. I got my wish, where please lord one more boom and I promise not to **** it off, has come and I don't think they can hurt me now. And I'm now thinking, will maybe they can Anyway the young guys aree not going to change, driving nice trucks and party hard
                                Don't get me wrong I'll still have a nice diesel truck and go hunt the world but I made sure I have a couple years worth of bills in savings first. I was one of the reckless roughnecks when '08 came around and it hit hard. Some of the newer guys haven't got to see that yet.
                                With the daily production of the wells in the EF, it seems if the price of oil did drop we'd still be good...crazy oil prod down there, as y'all know.
                                Yea but drilling will stop or at least slow waaay down until it comes back up. It is still profitable way lower than where we are but not as profitable
                                Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                                Just work enough and you can buy all that stuff, pay it off and have a bunch stacked away!... Then just flip burgers till the next one comes around... That's my plan lol
                                LOL thats my plan now or maybe just sit it out at the house

Its crazy what you can save out here if you just make yourself do it

Comment

Working...
                                X