No announcement yet.

winch and pole beds....DIY queston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang it! I thought it said "Wench" and a "Pole by the Bed".......

Carry on......

Comment

Wait? What?

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

Carry on......
      Who is fabricating a Wench to a Pole by their Bed? Draco has pictures of all of this?

🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

Carry on......

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          Not a clue on doing that. I have built 3 on flat beds but none on pick up beds. It seems you would need a head ache rack mounted to the frame, to build the winch stand on and have the hold backs on. The pivot point of the poles and the pulley should be over the leaf springs or you may bend the back of the frame. It would also give the weight being picked up, more leverage. Sorry, I got no idea.
          Draco I wonder if I could slide a piece of 1" plate between the bed/frame above the spring hangers. I will have to look and see if this is possible. Cut holes in bed and make pole mounts or do it like the old 3" G/N hitch's and make pole mount removable. Use the Turnover Ball mount for tail board block mount. Would it affect anything if the block was in front of the pole mounts? I can make a winch mount at front of bed and have it mount/weld to frame of truck going through the bed floor. I suppose I could tie my headache rack into the winch mount for strength or flip the poles over by hand. In that case I would use the winch mount for the support chains for the poles and make adjustments there. Then brake light guards welded to the bumper. If all that comes together, what do you think? I appreciate the help

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
            I’ve built a few that go inside the bed. What kind of truck do you have?
            Sorry I just saw your replay. I have a 13' F-250 crewcab 4x4

Comment

Working...
            X