• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son and I (age 12)

$120 for applications and permit
    $182 for hotel
    $100 for gas
    $75 for eating out

Hanging out with my son enduring 21 degree weather, watching him put in the hard hours...

PRICELESS!!

Comment

Turns out that I had the flu and we didnt connect this weekend. Went to the dr and got some meds, will be ready for this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
        My son and I (age 12)

$120 for applications and permit
        $182 for hotel
        $100 for gas
        $75 for eating out

Hanging out with my son enduring 21 degree weather, watching him put in the hard hours...

PRICELESS!!
        Agree, you are a lucky man!

Comment

Realized I never posted a photo of my doe. Shot late on Friday (just before the big storm hit), recovered early Sat AM. Notice the ice on the trees. This is the non-driving road along the south-east border of Unit 1.

Last edited by howabouttheiris; 12-10-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainmike View Post
            I was up in 7-G and saw one lonely coyote still hunting on Friday afternoon. I sat on a game trail for 6 hours on Saturday and did not see anything and gave up. Not sure I will apply again next year, although I liked being out in the boonies. 2.5 days to scout and hunt a big area is a bit much to ask for and make it worth the $60. Hopefully some others were successful. If not, and they are serious about reducing the herd, they need to think about making some changes if they want people to kill animals. Maybe they just want to report they provided X # of hunter days to the public. Although in orientation, they did report a pretty small deer population, and close to their goal.
            were you in a blue ext cab chevy? if so, we saw you enter and leave saturday from our blind at F.

Comment

Anybody hunting this weekend? The wife and I will be in Unit 3.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                Realized I never posted a photo of my doe. Shot late on Friday (just before the big storm hit), recovered early Sat AM. Notice the ice on the trees. This is the non-driving road along the south-east border of Unit 1.

Buddy...I just learned something. Thanks for posting up the photo. And yes, there were icycles hanging on everything Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                  were you in a blue ext cab chevy? if so, we saw you enter and leave saturday from our blind at F.
                  Yep, more grey than blue. I kept waiting for you guys not to be in that blind, so I could take it over, but you stuck it out. I like that you could see from up there. I wanted to hunt the other end of that clearing, but the brush was too high to me able to see any decent size of area.

Did you guys stay there to shoot your doe and pig or were you in other spots?

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

Congrats on the doe and nice drag device. The rocks where I was would have shredded your tarp though.

Comment

What time did you guys get going on Friday? Did y'all have to wait until noon?

Comment

I was allowed out earlier to put up my stand, but could not hunt until noon. I stopped in the office and asked them and they said that since you could scout the day before, that this was OK. You need to attend orientation though. I did it the first weekend when scouting was allowed.

Comment

Yeah, I've already done the orientation and was planning on setting up a stand on Thursday during the scouting day. Just wasn't sure if you could hunt all day Friday or if you had to wait to noon.

Comment

Originally posted by captainmike View Post
                            Yep, more grey than blue. I kept waiting for you guys not to be in that blind, so I could take it over, but you stuck it out. I like that you could see from up there. I wanted to hunt the other end of that clearing, but the brush was too high to me able to see any decent size of area.

Did you guys stay there to shoot your doe and pig or were you in other spots?
                            yes, we sat all day saturday and sunday (with the help of a buddy heater). we went in thursday to set up a tripod and found that enormous blind there. wasnt there a month ago when we scouted. called the office to ask about it and Rob Iski said "Merry Christmas". if it wasnt for that blind we would have not hunted, at least saturday. that cold with the wind was BRUTAL! we got both animals from the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by clark98ut View Post
                              Anybody hunting this weekend? The wife and I will be in Unit 3.
                              what cone are you at?

Comment

We drew A and F (even though we applied together), and were told we could hunt together in either area.

Comment

Working...
                                X