Nephew’s wedding moved too close to my deer stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    Like everyone else who is married, their wedding day! Serious, I would not call it “in control” but my wife is very understanding and tolerant..heck she supported my 6 month AT hike and never hassled me.
    Most likely, she was glad to get your sorry arse out of the house for 6 months!

I kid, I kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Most likely, she was glad to get your sorry arse out of the house for 6 months!

I kid, I kid!
      Funny, that’s a popular theory .

If I was smart I would go hiking right before the final wedding preps!

Comment

I think I am good. Only half joking. Excited about the wedding. Lots of projects that have been put off for years will get done between now and then. I like late late October and first week of November for my chances and by them the pine donkeys won’t even remember we had the shindig. Plus... and this is a big plus.... I will have to be up there a lot before the wedding, you know.... to cut grass etc. perfect for quick am and pm sits.
        Now you’re looking at it the right way ! You’ll need to make sure that plot is pristine too !

Comment

What's wrong with them moving the date to like July yeah that's a perfect month. That will give you deer time to come back from the neighbors

Comment

Just have them elope to Vegas. Problem solved and probably cheaper. [emoji106]

Comment

Start a serious coon and predator control program that area should become the carcass dump. With a few hundred buzzards now daily visiting the wedding will move.

Comment

The Wedding will be the only thing moving around that feeder during the daytime in October....
                nothing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                  Just have them elope to Vegas. Problem solved and probably cheaper. [emoji106]
                  I can guarantee it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                    Start a serious coon and predator control program that area should become the carcass dump. With a few hundred buzzards now daily visiting the wedding will move.
                    Your missing the point... we are trying to created a marriage, not end an existing one.

Comment

I am going to suggest we throw corn Instrad of rice when the wedding party bolts. That way I will be ahead of the recovery game. Let me report back on how that suggestion goes.

Comment

So my wife offered up our farm in east tx for my nephew’s wedding...October 20th of this year! I am honored, but then I found out this weekend it’s going to be on the edge of my deer hayfield and I was instructed to move the corn feeder! 120 raucous guests right about the time the rut gets boiling in my parts! Any advice?
                        Lets see.

1. You offer a free place for the wedding. That saves them a ton of money. So they can come over and help fix the place up over the next 6 months. You now have ranch hands

2. Make sure it's an all camo wedding
                        3. All guests must wear scent spray.
                        4. Gifts for bride and groom should include 1 bag of deer corn to be left at the ranch.
                        5. Throw corn instead of rice.

Comment

Tell your nephew your gonna save him on a Photographer...Have trail cams up everywhere. Casual shots are the best! .
                          Like you mentioned before. Possibility of hogs come running through the event?
                          Well, then you going to need a Sentry. See if you can hire Fishingdude for that day to kill all the hogs that cause a ruckus...quietly

So just the ceremony will be in the field and the celebration will be elsewhere?

Comment

I vote leave the feeder and see what walks out during the wedding. My Fiancee's brother got married by their lake that they have a bunch of pet canada geese on. The feeder went off mid ceremony and here comes 25 honkers going crazy coming across the lake. Everyone got a kick out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Lets see.

1. You offer a free place for the wedding. That saves them a ton of money. So they can come over and help fix the place up over the next 6 months. You now have ranch hands

2. Make sure it's an all camo wedding
                              3. All guests must wear scent spray.
                              4. Gifts for bride and groom should include 1 bag of deer corn to be left at the ranch.
                              5. Throw corn instead of rice.
                              See, now River Rat is a thinker!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                                Tell your nephew your gonna save him on a Photographer...Have trail cams up everywhere. Casual shots are the best! .
                                Like you mentioned before. Possibility of hogs come running through the event?
                                Well, then you going to need a Sentry. See if you can hire Fishingdude for that day to kill all the hogs that cause a ruckus...quietly

So just the ceremony will be in the field and the celebration will be elsewhere?
                                Ceremony on one side of field and reception in corner where feeder currently sits.

Comment

Working...
                                X