Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
    Where is that at? Never heard about that one. Shoot just found out about Total Archery Challenge 2 months ago or so after I had already commeted to the R100. Wanna try that next year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Go to Around the Campfire forum. And there is a sticky at the top of the page that will give info on where and when. We have it every year about this time. It's the mother of all TBH happy hours and get-2-gethers. There's a meet and greet the night before, kinda like a pre-party party. Then we get up in the morning and head to the park to cook, meet new folks, see old freinds, play music, and have some good times. If you staying at the hotel, the party is usually carried over to there afterwards.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Go to Around the Campfire forum. And there is a sticky at the top of the page that will give info on where and when. We have it every year about this time. It's the mother of all TBH happy hours and get-2-gethers. There's a meet and greet the night before, kinda like a pre-party party. Then we get up in the morning and head to the park to cook, meet new folks, see old freinds, play music, and have some good times. If you staying at the hotel, the party is usually carried over to there afterwards.

Sounds like alot of fun. Im always looking to meet new folks and put names to faces of those I see on here.

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
        Sounds like alot of fun. Im always looking to meet new folks and put names to faces of those I see on here.

That's one of the best places to do it. Folks come come from all over the state. And some from out of state.

Comment

Cool cool. Have to remember that for next year

Comment

Hey razorback, yep still at spinks. Just been busy with kids and all, not much time to post. That helo flew all day, wore me out. He was testing his lifting ability, kept picking up water and dropping it from a 680 gallon bag. Lots of weight.

Comment

That's how it worked for me TG, stayed at Kimball bend for a few days. Went up river past Hamm, only caught sandies and one large mouth trolling. Same at the mouth of Nolan river. They just seem to be scattered.

Crappie were good under a light at night though.

Comment

Per my Google search and calculator- 5,684.8 lbs

May try fishing this weekend, I'll let you know.

Comment

Razorback, what did you use to calculate as a gallon of water? I've always used a simple rule of 8lbs per gallon for back packing and bike riding. But 680 is still a lot of weight.

Comment

Struck out today, one small black and one small white. The turkey are hammering. I'm going to clean some minnows just to eat.

Comment

Just as I thought. ACE shut the Grandbury gates today. Last 3 weekends they open on Friday and close on Monday. So that the river current, and clarity, is inconsistent. I will say that it would be good fishing below the dam on the weekend if they keep that up.

Comment

Anyone seeing turkeys moveing yet?

Comment

They were hammering both sides of the Brazos this past Sunday, in the bend downriver from Hamms, private land.

Comment

Hum wonder if my spot is moving...may have to slide diwn there and see

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              They were hammering both sides of the Brazos this past Sunday, in the bend downriver from Hamms, private land.
                              One of those sides is one of the environmental protected sides, where the canyons and hollows are. Mother nature facinates me by those canyons cut out by the river over time. I've seen both deer and turkey there. But they are off limits. Non hunting area.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                One of those sides is one of the environmental protected sides, where the canyons and hollows are. Mother nature facinates me by those canyons cut out by the river over time. I've seen both deer and turkey there. But they are off limits. Non hunting area.

Yeeeha dont need the guys and gals in tan after me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X