No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw the GW today. That’s the first time I have been checked in 15yrs very nice guy.

Comment

First time on TBH. We've been hunting Sonora for 3 years but this is the first year on a new lease. We were south of town and moved a little further west this year due to our group expanding and needing a little more land. I've read through the post and seen some inconsistent rut updates. I haven't been able to make it back up since opening weekend but a few of our guys are up there now and are seeing no signs of the rut beginning. On our old property it seemed to start right on thanksgiving. Keep the updates coming and good luck to everyone this week!!!

Comment

I heard some talk at the feed store saying pig man and some guys were helicopter hunting pigs north of town. Had some guys upset saying they were stirring everything up including the deer? Anyone else heard anything?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
          Our bucks have no interest in Doe’s right now. So I guess we may see a late rut
          I've seen some bucks taking interest. Can't wait to get back to the lease this weekend.

Comment

The bucks are on the move just be patient.

Comment

Who's in Sonora ? Any good updates ? I'm here and ready to sit by the fire and drink whiskey!

Comment

Just got home. Bucks are really starting to chase at our place and new bucks showing up we have not seen before. The next 7 days will be prime. Going back Friday morning and staying till Sunday. We have some STUDs on camera and saw a monster driving back to camp today chasing a doe up a hill. Can't wait to get back.

Comment

Just got back today. I'm not seeing any bucks chasing does on our place. I had 3 mature bucks camped out under my feeder every hunt for the last 3 days.

Comment

We're any of you driving home Tuesday in a Crew Cab F150 towing a Ranger Crew? If so, that was my daughter and I giving y'all the Air Bow from. Green F250 Crew. Saw you between Junction and Sonora heading East around 1:30 or so.

Comment

We killed a big mature buck last weekend and he was only focused on the feed. No rut activity seen by anyone on our lease so far.

Comment

I bet this morning they are moving. Camera is showing 27 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

We're making good time this morning! Hopefully get there by lunchtime!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            We're any of you driving home Tuesday in a Crew Cab F150 towing a Ranger Crew? If so, that was my daughter and I giving y'all the Air Bow from. Green F250 Crew. Saw you between Junction and Sonora heading East around 1:30 or so.

Lol..that was me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One thing I noticed was with a cold North wind the deer did not move very well, with a South wind the deer moved very well. I thought the cold north wind would turn them on, but it did not kinda weird. One of our hunters shot a very bid deer last week chasing a doe, so they are starting to show just be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
                                Lol..that was me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Good deal......wasn't sure if you saw me or not. I'm waiting on a Green TBH sticker so don't have one on the truck yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X