No announcement yet.

Yeti vs Engel vs Coleman Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a coleman extreme that is 3 years old. When I typically use it for long durations it is during hunting season when the temps outside are not as hot. I fill my cooler up the day before and get it chilled and then i put in what I need and top it off with ice the next day. Once I get to the lease I put my food in the fridge and leave my beverages in the cooler. It kept ice for the whole trip 7 days. Granted it wasn't hot but warm at times (octocber) and I did keep it in the shade as much as possible and there was plenty of ice to make the trip home probably about 1/5 left. For the money and overall considerations I am very pleased with the coleman extreme for the money and performance. As a matter of fact I had a party here Friday night and my cooler still has about a third of the ice that I started with still in it this morning. I didnt pre chill it either. It has been on my patio where it is shaded until about 5:00 and I drained the water off of it once and left the drain open ovdernight for one night. I would say that is a pretty good cooler.

Comment

I believe the YETI is the best. Keeps everything cold, even in the desert and it's virtually indestructible. Check this out. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zbHBbcHLJ0"]YouTube- Yeti Commercial #1 8-16-2010.mov[/ame]

Comment

Yeti aka Melti, is the worst ice chest I have ever owned.
        I have had to put more I've in that thing than any other cooler I have used.

Interesting read.
        Last edited by Hillary; 07-26-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B Randell View Post
          hunter1, I see this is your first post. Wellcome to the site. Tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Where do you live, what do you do, etc.?
          He's prolly an Engel dealer

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
            He's prolly an Engel dealer
            Ya think?

Comment

I agree that the main difference is in the construction. I have a Yeti, fish a ton, and it's well worth it to me, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. I can stand on it to sight fish, and it keeps ice all weekend. I've been very satisfied.

Comment

Ya think?
                Well this post WAS woken up from a 6 month sleep you know

Comment

I see he is online here now. Perhaps he will post up.

Comment

hunter1, I see this is your first post. Wellcome to the site. Tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Where do you live, what do you do, etc.?
                    Thank you for the welcome. I just found this blog and had to comment on my cooler experience. I live in the dallas, Tx area and I own a small plant nursery. I love to go out on the weekends hunting. When I saw this blog about the coolers I had to share my experience.

No, I do not have any relationship to Engel, Yeti or Coleman but it does sound like some of the people on your blog that are praising Yeti do - maybe a salesperson or marketing person from Yeti.

I do have several friends that have shared the same experience with me about the Yeti coolers and how bad they are. They are not durable and are extremely overpriced for what they offer.

Just sharing my experiences and thoughts on this.

Comment

I think it woul be fun to set up a top 5 test at bownanza next year. put 'em side by side in the sun... open end close them all at the same time, etc.

Just seems like these threads are always so extreme opinion wise....

Yeti's not durable? Makes no sense... they may not hold ice as well but at least they should score well in durability? Right?

welcome hunter1

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        Not what I was expecting, thanks for sharing!!!
                        x2

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                            I think it woul be fun to set up a top 5 test at bownanza next year. put 'em side by side in the sun... open end close them all at the same time, etc.
                            Just seems like these threads are always so extreme opinion wise....

Yeti's not durable? Makes no sense... they may not hold ice as well but at least they should score well in durability? Right?

welcome hunter1
                            Not a bad idea. Team Cooler Testing.

Comment

Originally posted by agvet2004 View Post
                              Not a bad idea. Team Cooler Testing.
                              I guess it wouldn't hurt to join ONE more team!

I will volunteer to get one beer, from each cooler, every hour, on the hour, throughout the day!

Comment

That is 5 beers per hour. I dont think you will be able to walk to the cooler after the 4th hour. Maybe we could just prop you up close to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X