Banking Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
    Yep: I have my pay split into two accounts, 30% straight into savings which I rarely touch unless it's for a huge purchase, and 70% into checking which is for everything else. And if I get over a certain amount in the checking, I put the overage into my savings.
    I do that exactly the same way. The other thing that I do is round up in my checking account. What I mean is, I go and get diesel and the total bill is $67.20, I mark in I spent $68.00. Simplifies the math for me and monthly I will transfer the left over change to my savings account called Christmas/Vacation fund.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
      I have no idea, my wife gets it all!
      My allowance goes in my pocket.
      Lol. I was waiting for a response like this one

Comment

My check gets DD into my checking...I pay bills then the rest is saved there until more bills are to be paid. When a decent balance adds up, I transfer it to savings.

Comment

I split mine, bills in my right pocket and fun money in my left.

Comment

Been doing multiple accounts for the last 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGetBloody View Post
              Probably more than you wanted to know or were asking but here ya go! Hope this helps. Haha

Been working on the right automatic setup for years. This seems to work pretty well for us theough lots of direct deposits or automatic transfers when needed...

1...Contribution to 401k with Fidelity

2...PAY YOURSELF FIRST Savings which includes TD Ameritrade, Vanguard, & a safe cushion DO NOT TOUCH savings account with Marcus by Goldman Sachs (1.6% & FDIC insured savings account, Ally is pretty good now too at 1.5%). The Intelligent Investor, The Automatic Millionaire, and The Millionaire Next Door books are all great reads that helped us finally get our finances in order years ago and start paying ourselves first! That’s the reason these accounts exist. Highly recommend reading if you’re interested & have time.

3...Main Bank: 1 checking for all expenses & bills, 2nd checking for tithe, 3rd checking for vacation funds, 4th checking for big things we want to buy (pay ourselves a monthly payment until save enough cash to buy item. This really helps with staying out of debt), and 5th checking for smaller things my wife and I’d like to have

4...cushion checking through another bank that we can access so we don’t touch our main savings accounts

5...An additional Marcus by Goldman Sachs savings account to save up for rental properties & other investment opportunities only
              Have you been happy with the Marcus savings account? Had any issues with them?

Comment

Working...
              X