Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a 50 Beowulf?

Thinking about buying one just curious if anyone has shot one

Planning on taking on a whole army by yourself?

Comment

My coworker has one.

Cost per round is crazy (~$2.40 ish) , and that is with him loading his own.

One heck of a slug to hold in you hand.

He says it's fun to shoot, but at 2.50 a pop it better be.

Comment

My shooting buddy has one and they are fun to shoot, but not if you've had shoulder surgery We took it out hog hunting but didn't see any that day - I'd love to see the outcome though.

Comment

I've sent a couple dozen rounds down range with one... it's a BEAST! The bullet starts dropping fast too. A buddy of mine took out a hog with one and it just about blew it in half. It's a little overkill IMO

Comment

Have you looked at the 458 SOCOM.

It's a better round for reloading IMO because it shares the same projectiles as the 45-70. Plus it uses the standard AR mag

Mine is a pig killing machine.

Comment

458 Socom is a great round and a lot cheaper too, I have one and love it

Comment

+1 for the 458.. havent met one person who owns one that regrets buying it...

have seen folks using the wolf over seas doing "security" .. was great for making holes in cars.. my opinion i think it would be a bit much for the local hunts if you are trying to recover the meat.

Comment

My FIL has one, super cool, about 3.50 a round and kicks like a 12gauge.

Comment

i must be in better shape than i thought ,, buddy has the beowolf and i shot several rounds through his,,, i thought the recoil was on the mild side,,, i had heard it was bad,, but i was kinda dissapointed in lack of recoil..... dang fun to shoot though,,

Comment

Thanks guys I will also look into the 458 just looking for something different neede some opinions

Comment

I thought they were more expensive than $2-4 a shot???? Thought it was more like $5-6.

Comment

Working...
                        X