Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    Lmao! How about a house edit feral cat
    Never heard of that. But I HEARD of a dude back in HS that shot a bunch of pigeons at the Ag barn, then the pigs ate them and crapped everywhere. Heard the 4H teacher said " i dont know who shot all those pigeons, and I dont condone it, but at least the pigs arent being crapped on all day :winks:"

Did you know, a .22 caliber pellet gun will put a heck of a dent in a stop sign? I heard that too.

Comment

It's no wonder some people around here are always looking for a new lease. Shooting someone elses cattle with anything should get you kicked off and probably a good *** whoopin. Most of those ranchers work pretty hard at keeping those cattle from being wild, and getting hit with pellet guns and slingshots sure doesn't help. It's not that hard to build a pen around your feeder if the cattle really are causing you problems.

Now if it is your own cattle, shoot away. Still seems smarter to build a pen to me.

Comment

I use a slingshot with those chisel tip erasers to discourage horses and cows (not owned by me); cows are harder to scare unless you hit em in the face. Have hit em out to almost 40 yards.

Whatever you do, don't shoot blunts out of a 98-lb recurve....

Comment

Guys... THEY ARE MY COWS! No a** woopin comin from no one. No loosing lease coming, its my 500 acres.
          I get the picture, thanks. My point of this thread was not shooting cows, but asking what game had been taking w/a pellet gun. Some how that question was missed

Comment

I really enjoyed shooting cows with blunts. They buck and fuss plenty with an arrow to the buttocks. They still come back and eat my corn but I feel better.

Comment

i use a sling shot and 5/8" - 3/4" ball bearing to deter the moo moo's. doesnt hurt em much i dont think, but it makes a satisfying thud and they take off upon impact

Comment

Seen Keith Warren take a hog with a gamo

Comment

Originally posted by ajm2nac View Post
                  Guys... THEY ARE MY COWS! No a** woopin comin from no one. No loosing lease coming, its my 500 acres.
                  I get the picture, thanks. My point of this thread was not shooting cows, but asking what game had been taking w/a pellet gun. Some how that question was missed
                  My mistake
                  I have killed rabbits and tree rats. But im certain I could kill dogs and bob cats with it if I had a chance to shoot one. It's a powerful weapon.

My boy shoots at an old Dish network dish I have hung on a tree. I shot at that dish from 100 yds the other day just to see if I could hit it and I heard it chime

I believe a Gamo would be to powerful to move your cows along

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    My mistake
                    I have killed rabbits and tree rats. But im certain I could kill dogs and bob cats with it if I had a chance to shoot one. It's a powerful weapon.

My boy shoots at an old Dish network dish I have hung on a tree. I shot at that dish from 100 yds the other day just to see if I could hit it and I heard it chime

I believe a Gamo would be to powerful to move your cows along
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
                      We use those .22 calibres, has a bb instead of the actual round for javelinas and it sounds like your gun just misfires. Doesn't seem to hurt them, but they will leave. Or take a bunch of rocks and chunk it at them.
                      22caliber bb??????? Never saw those....a bb is a 177 cal.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                        just get a $30 red ryder from walmart.. Has enough sting and is accurate. Should do the trick.
                        I have yet to see an accurate Red Ryder haha i think they test them from the factory to make sure every shot flies different. I used to get so pi$$ed at scout camp way back when. You know you can shoot and line her up perfect and doesnt even hit the paper...but yes i too bought some of the blunt tips as mentioned and they pack a good bunch and are fun to shoot at anything else that gets in the way of a good hunt

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                          I have yet to see an accurate Red Ryder haha i think they test them from the factory to make sure every shot flies different. I used to get so pi$$ed at scout camp way back when. You know you can shoot and line her up perfect and doesnt even hit the paper...but yes i too bought some of the blunt tips as mentioned and they pack a good bunch and are fun to shoot at anything else that gets in the way of a good hunt

Well you have a point but, you are shooting at bovine.. Lol, I hope you are a better shot than that, lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot cows and horses to get them away from feeders but it was with a red rider bb gun. The air rifles of today are a bit to powerful to shoot them with. 1200 fps and up is way too much for that purpose.

Comment

Thanks
                              we shoot animals up to raccoons with a gamo 1200 fps. I let my boy bring his red ryder for the goats and sheep and cattle and horses and............

Comment

Believe me, ive tried almost EVERYTHING to deter the cows. Ive even gone as far as buying salt licks to draw the cows away from my area. I own my own heard, and personally, have no issues shooting them in the rear w/a pellet gun.
                                I guess you've never heard of the Beef Quality Assurance Program?

Deliberately putting lead into cattle or any other livestock is stupid. Metal detectors at processing plants cannot detect it. It is the number one reason that carcasses are condemned for foreign matter. It kinda' says you really don't care about your livestock, too.

Get a sling shot and some rocks. Or, build a fence.
                                Last edited by Dusty Britches; 08-11-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X